Allen Robinson wants out?

Ty21

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I too think this is/was probably Pace's plan, similar to what he did with Kyle Fuller when the Pukers tried to snag him away from us.  

I'm just surprised that ARob took a complete reversal from his stance just over week ago when he said he is not focused on his contract situation and is just focused on the season and helping the team win games...then literally a week later he completely changed his tune, and now the team is here with this dilemma on their hands.  

Doesn't help that his teammates keep posting these #extendAR tweets all over social media.  Does Nagy not have any control over the locker room and the messages these guys are sending? 

Again, I cannot stress enough how big of a fan of ARob I am but I just think this is classic WR diva crap that I didn't think ARob had in him and could have been totally avoided to not create unneeded distractions to this team.

I'm sure something will end up getting done sooner than later now, but then again I'm worried that it sets a bad precedent for other players that they can just throw a hissy fit when things don't go exactly how they envisioned them going.

I will say one thing...Pace kind of effed up by not getting a new deal done before all these other WR deals came through recently.  Now he will likely have to pay a premium.

It is working for other people.  As long as it does others will do the same.

I have no issue with Robinson expressing his frustrations. 

Cliff Stein is playing hardball here when there is no reason for not giving him an extension. Outside of being too important to the team. Robinson has played his entire career with make-shift offenses and has still produced while remaining as humble of a player as you can ask for, and he wants to be compensated for it. And I see nothing wrong with it.

He's 27 years old and he knows this will most likely be his last big contract so he's looking to secure his future. 

18 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Cliff Stein is playing hardball here

Cliff Stein hasn't been the main contract negotiator with the team for years. Joey Laine is the new contracts guy, and has been the entire time Pace has been GM. Stein is still GC, but took on a different role in 2015

• Like 1

Most recent news/rumor/opinion as of this AM.

News:  ARob will no be leaving this season and will not let contract issue detract from his play.  Nagy has been encouraging.

Rumor:  The sides appear to be $2 mil APY apart with ARob asking for an $18 mil APY deal and Pace offering $16 mil APY.

Opinion: As other top WRs have gotten deal averaging $20-$22 mil APY it seems ARob is already offering a compromise which seems fair.  Pace however, has the leverage of an $18 mil franchise tag which he can use to buy time to see how his QB situation shakes out.  If Mitch succeeds Pace knows he'll need to be extended or re-signed beyond 2020 as well.  At worst if Pace wants to keep ARob and continue negotiations throughout 2021 it's only the cap issue a single $18 mil hit would impose vs being able to lower it significantly via a new deal even one at $18 mil APY.  So this could possibly drag on for quite some time.