Week 5: Los Angeles Chargers @ New York Giants

Acgott

7 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

A little high? A little high OBJ has to raise his arms to snag it... he had to stop the route, jump up and barely got his hands on it at the top of his jump. Call a spade a spade.. I've fought wars on this forum defending Eli. He's not very good anymore. His accuracy was never great but it's at an all time bad now. He's struggled throwing high his entire career. I get OBJ having to make circus catches 40 yards downfield.. but a 5 yard slant with no pressure. There's no damn excuse for airmailing that ball. Put the homerism away.

I just saw Rodgers miss a two point conversion to jordy Nelson by throwing a high pass on a slant.  He must be terrible too.  

Your frustration is misplaced.  Eli has nearly 68% completions, 90 qbr this year.  Considering the offensive line he’s been playing behind, that’s nearly miraculous.

9 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

A little high? A little high OBJ has to raise his arms to snag it... he had to stop the route, jump up and barely got his hands on it at the top of his jump. Call a spade a spade.. I've fought wars on this forum defending Eli. He's not very good anymore. His accuracy was never great but it's at an all time bad now. He's struggled throwing high his entire career. I get OBJ having to make circus catches 40 yards downfield.. but a 5 yard slant with no pressure. There's no damn excuse for airmailing that ball. Put the homerism away.

I think on this play you're on the money but I think you're being harsh with Eli's overall play. While I think he is on the decline he has played a decent enough level to where he shouldn't be blamed for this start. He can certainly play better. No doubt but he'd be like towards the bottom of the list of our problems

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I just saw Rodgers miss a two point conversion to jordy Nelson by throwing a high pass on a slant.  He must be terrible too.  

Your frustration is misplaced.  Eli has nearly 68% completions, 90 qbr this year.  Considering the offensive line he’s been playing behind, that’s nearly miraculous.

Are you talking about the missed conversion after the pick 6?

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Yea sure great numbers along with his 24th ranked YPA....Team avg yards made per receptions this season is 9.6 only 3 teams are  worse in the NFL... Chicago (9.0), Miami (8.8), Baltimore (8.1). You know who else has a putrid Oline? Seattle.. yet they are at 11.8 (11th). Eli's inability to hit WR's in stride is killing this offense. These guys are getting injured because they are constantly having to contort their bodies and make miraculous catches. Without YAC the West Coast offense doesn't function. And please don't ever use Aaron Rodgers in a comparison to Eli ever..

19 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Yea sure great numbers along with his 24th ranked YPA....Team avg yards made per receptions this season is 9.6 only 3 teams are  worse in the NFL... Chicago (9.0), Miami (8.8), Baltimore (8.1). You know who else has a putrid Oline? Seattle.. yet they are at 11.8 (11th). Eli's inability to hit WR's in stride is killing this offense. These guys are getting injured because they are constantly having to contort their bodies and make miraculous catches. Without YAC the West Coast offense doesn't function. And please don't ever use Aaron Rodgers in a comparison to Eli ever..

I knew that Eli's erratic ball placement would get somebody injured but aside from Beckham who else has been in a victim? Eli's ball placement is derailing our offense because we have so few opportunities that we cant afford any mistakes. Our margin for error is small so any setback kills drives.

32 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Has there been a worse game for the giants in recent history than this one? All things considered, it doesn't get worse than this. 

Miracle in the Meadowlands 2 was much worse. This was a bunch of freak injuries in a lost season. It wasn’t like we were on the verge of the playoffs.

Eli’s first playoff game vs Carolina where we were shutout as well.

34 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Miracle in the Meadowlands 2 was much worse. This was a bunch of freak injuries in a lost season. It wasn’t like we were on the verge of the playoffs.

Eli’s first playoff game vs Carolina where we were shutout as well.

Personally, I agree that miracle in the new meadowlands was worse, but objectively this may be worse. Drop to 0-5 against an 0-4 team travelling across the country at home by losing in the fourth quarter after having a lead all while having your star wide receiver go down for the season as well as all but 1 other receiver going down as well. This was cruz destroying his knee and miracle at the new meadowlands in one game. 

Yes I saw that tweet that combined Cruz and MATML 2.

In a few years this game will be forgotten and merged in with the diasterous season. It will only be remembered if OBJ cant come back from the injury.

Luckily this isn’t the Cruz injury and OBJ should be able to make a 100% recovery for 2018.

Our season was already written before this  game. Vegas only had us as 3 point favorites with all the factors you mentioned. This is who we are.

Archived