Sign in to follow this  
Steeler Hitman

2020 Week Two GDT Steelers vs. Broncos

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

for a class that did not have a lot of picks, we're already getting playing time out of them. Claypool, Highsmith and now Dotson and hopefully Mcfarland dresses soon

Makes sense that he's the guy at RG. That's by far his most comfortable position. 

5 hours ago, August4th said:

for a class that did not have a lot of picks, we're already getting playing time out of them. Claypool, Highsmith and now Dotson and hopefully Mcfarland dresses soon

This is terrible news for Chuks. I mean.... I figured he would start at RT but then I did suggest this the other day also. This kind of tells me Chuks is not ready to be a starter, aka, a bust

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

This is terrible news for Chuks. I mean.... I figured he would start at RT but then I did suggest this the other day also. This kind of tells me Chuks is not ready to be a starter, aka, a bust

How is this terrible news for Chucks? Feels like a major reach to get there. Also Chucks was known to be a bit of a developmental OT in the late 3rd so him not becoming a starter in year 3 isn’t the worst thing in the world. 

EDIT:

Im more concerned for Dotson that DDC is still out. He was doing fine all through camp without a peep of injury and Suddenly the knee is a problem? And no real update but not going on IR?

Im far more concerned over that than a 3rd year 3rd round pick maybe or maybe not getting a start because of a rookie RG. 

Which btw if it isn’t Chucks it’s Jerald Hawkins who’s been in town for two days. Chucks is getting the start. That’s why it’s not really mentioned. 

Edited by warfelg

I'm concerned about Chuks because he couldn't win the job in year 3. He only got the start because of injury. But I'm also concerned about DDC

I think Chuks is backup LT and Banner is not.  That is why Banner won.

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think Chuks is backup LT and Banner is not.  That is why Banner won.

Exactly. Chucks has swing tackle ability and Baanner is strictly a RT. Based on all my reading it was a dead heat in the RT job and that ability is what tipped it. 

16 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I kind of agree with some of the other comments. I know we didn't get as much TC coverage as usual due to the pandemic, but all reports seemed to say that it was a dead heat. If not, there would have been no waiting or hesitation on who started.  Banner is a road grader type of OL and RT. Chuks is still developing and most likely will eventually replace Big Al. I don't think that is a bad thing or anything to be ashamed of. It certainly doesn't make him a bad pick. Slow developing? Perhaps. I often remind many people that HOF Steelers QB would have been a bust in this era with the lack of patience and time given for development. 

Early on, Dotson looks like he could be a keeper at OG.  He is a rookie and hopefully can continue to make more good plays than bad.  Losing DeCastro and Wiz no doubt hurts the continuity and overall strength of the OL. Dotson doesn't look like he is going to be a pushover for any opposing DL. 

The football season is a marathon. There will be highs when the Steelers win and then cries of "The sky is falling when they lose."  One week does not make a season.  Hopefully this team can grow together, improve upon some things and remain relatively healthy throughout the year.  I think they can compete with anyone that way. You need skill and good fortune as much as you do having a strong team, depth and coaching. Hopefully the everything comes together and #7 leads this team to it's 7th Lombardi Trophy.  

28 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I kind of agree with some of the other comments. I know we didn't get as much TC coverage as usual due to the pandemic, but all reports seemed to say that it was a dead heat. If not, there would have been no waiting or hesitation on who started.  Banner is a road grader type of OL and RT. Chuks is still developing and most likely will eventually replace Big Al. I don't think that is a bad thing or anything to be ashamed of. It certainly doesn't make him a bad pick. Slow developing? Perhaps. I often remind many people that HOF Steelers QB would have been a bust in this era with the lack of patience and time given for development. 

Early on, Dotson looks like he could be a keeper at OG.  He is a rookie and hopefully can continue to make more good plays than bad.  Losing DeCastro and Wiz no doubt hurts the continuity and overall strength of the OL. Dotson doesn't look like he is going to be a pushover for any opposing DL. 

The football season is a marathon. There will be highs when the Steelers win and then cries of "The sky is falling when they lose."  One week does not make a season.  Hopefully this team can grow together, improve upon some things and remain relatively healthy throughout the year.  I think they can compete with anyone that way. You need skill and good fortune as much as you do having a strong team, depth and coaching. Hopefully the everything comes together and #7 leads this team to it's 7th Lombardi Trophy.  

I will say this.. any reports coming from the athletic are about as reliable as Swiss cheese toilet paper.

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I will say this.. any reports coming from the athletic are about as reliable as Swiss cheese toilet paper.

???? I am not understanding what you are saying here my friend. What's the athletic?

18 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

???? I am not understanding what you are saying here my friend. What's the athletic?

The Athletic. A media site 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm excited to see what Dotson can do, but I don't love Decastro missing all these games. I just hope he heals up fully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm excited to see what Dotson can do, but I don't love Decastro missing all these games. I just hope he heals up fully.

if there is a time to miss games, it's now I guess. Playoffs , we need the best players

• Like 1

Stefan Wisniewski and Zach Banner  out for the year.  We're already in trouble on the OL.