49ers sign WR Sanu

49erurtaza

The the most obvious and least shocking signing that comes to mind, it just made too much sense.

I am a fan of this signing for a few reasons, the two main main reasons, he adds talent (old talent, but still talent) to a thinning WR group. He also adds veteran leadership to a VERY youthful, some may say immature, WR group. I thought that's why the Sanders loss was so big, he had a veteran presence and showed how things are done the right way

13 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Agreed I’m good with this signing. He’s probably going to stay in the slot. 

I would imagine Pettis is definitely done. I wonder if we try to trade him for anything. 

Hopefully for him and for us. He needs a team who will use his skills and fits with the QB. I don't think he fits well with Jimmy G. Jets should trade for him after this weeks game. Pettis is worth probably a conditional 5th or 6th.

Edited by 49erurtaza

Made too much sense. Sanu isn't what he used to be but just his presence allows Shanny to go into his bag and utilize the gadget package with both Deebo and Aiyuk out. Also likely means Pettis career here is over, more or less. Might still see the field until we get those two healthy but relying on him to have a impact will no longer be paramount.