Saints WR Michael Thomas to miss several weeks

RaidersAreOne

I think that the name Marquez Callaway may be learned in short order. He’s actually the direct backup to Thomas. Certainly, Sanders will get more play at X, but I think that Callaway could work himself into that role so that Sanders stays in the slot. Smith and Harris aren’t X receivers. There’s also the chance that Taysom Hill and Trautman get more snaps at second TE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that the name Marquez Callaway may be learned in short order. He’s actually the direct backup to Thomas. Certainly, Sanders will get more play at X, but I think that Callaway could work himself into that role so that Sanders stays in the slot. Smith and Harris aren’t X receivers. There’s also the chance that Taysom Hill and Trautman get more snaps at second TE.

Just what I was about to say.  This gives Marquez Callaway the opportunity to show what he's got.  Hope he makes the most of it.

12 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I consider myself a Saints fan and this is the first time I'm hearing about Callaway 😅 Seriously though, how's his golf game?

20 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

I consider myself a Saints fan and this is the first time I'm hearing about Callaway 😅 Seriously though, how's his golf game?

He flashed some potential with the Tennessee Vols, but never was able sustain consistent production. That said, this seems like it's starting to be a theme with the Tennessee prospects (Alvin Kamara, Shy Tuttle). Wouldn't surprise me if he develops into a #2/#3 WR for us.