Week 2 MNF Thead: Saints (1-0) @ Raiders (1-0) - Welcome home, Raiders!

RaidersAreOne

Saints-Raiders-Preview.jpg

I figured we should get this conversation rolling early! LOTS of excitement surrounding this game. Prime time matchup, facing a legitimate contender, first game in Las Vegas, etc! This is going to be an extremely tough matchup, one where the Saint should be heavily favoured. We are going to need our D to seriously step up because Brees and Co has the ability to carve up the best of D's. 

saints-memes-23.webp

saints-memes-24.webp

image.jpg

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Thomas being out is hugeee. I was predicting a loss here and now I’m not so sure. 

However, still think the Saints win here, but a much closer game with Thomas out. I originally thought Saints by 7-8 points with Thomas playing. 

Saints win 31-27

Reason: 

- Our defense will give up 30+ back to back weeks. Saints Offense is Top 5-6 in the NFL and Sean Payton is a scheming master. I also expect Kamara to have a huge day in the pass game. 

- This is a battle of the Top 2 OL’s in the NFL. However, Saints have a solid DL and will still get some pressure. I doubt we will sniff the Saints backfield all day. Brees will have all the time in the world, and they will fully take advantage of our young vulnerable secondary. 

- I expect our WR’s to not have a great game against the Saints corners, I see a lot of Waller feeding by Carr and stalled drives. 

- Jacobs should have another good day but I don’t think it’ll be enough to keep up with the Saints Offense. 

I’d be absolutely thrilled if we won this, and would start to think playoffs, but the Saints are the better team here, even without Michael Thomas. 

Let’s see what happens. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

I say that this is a winnable game.. CMC>kamara. The rest of the O isnt scary outside brees being brees.. More worried about the saints CB stopping ruggs( if he is playing and active) and Edwards. Outside Waller we will need a solid game from another WR and I think Zay Jones gets a TD this week. But mainly I hope to see Jacobs eat away yardage and   dont let brees on field 

Raiders 24 Saints 17

Edited by HvacRaider
  • Like 1

Statement game for the Raiders. They have a chance on national TV to go out and make a statement.

This will be the most physical defense the Raiders face all year. They will gives the Raiders a lot of problems. They can get after the QB with the best of them. They have a duo at CB that is so good. They’re aggressive and they play fast. 

You gonna need the high paid OL to show up on Monday. If they don’t win the LOS battle they have no shot, but Jacobs should be a work horse again. Need Carr to show up against a good team and need Gruden to call his best game. 

Saints offense looked bad. Brees looked bad. Defense has to play fast and aggressive without Michael Thomas stop the run and sit on these short routes. 

Saints 25 Raiders 29

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Statement game for the Raiders. They have a chance on national TV to go out and make a statement.

This will be the most physical defense the Raiders face all year. They will gives the Raiders a lot of problems. They can get after the QB with the best of them. They have a duo at CB that is so good. They’re aggressive and they play fast. 

You gonna need the high paid OL to show up on Monday. If they don’t win the LOS battle they have no shot, but Jacobs should be a work horse again. Need Carr to show up against a good team and need Gruden to call his best game. 

Saints offense looked bad. Brees looked bad. Defense has to play fast and aggressive without Michael Thomas stop the run and sit on these short routes. 

Saints 25 Raiders 29

Love your writeup, but going to respond to the bold, the Bucs probably have the 6th or 7th best defense in the NFL. I’d say the Raiders probably sit around 20-23. Saints Offense is definitely going to have a great game. The question is, can we keep up? 

First game in Vegas, baby! (Ugh, I miss Oakland). Anyways...

We should feed Jacobs/Booker and focus on ball control. We can score points. I'm not worried about the offense moving the ball. 

That said, the Saints O can score too. I don't want a shootout here. We held CMC relatively in check when we were being aggressive, so I'm not overly worried about Kamara, especially with Thomas being out. That said, I don't want flashy, I want us to chew up as much clock as possible. 

We definitely need to generate pressure and play tighter coverage, but if we play an entire football game and can settle with a day of not being super flashy, I don't see why we can't win. The Bucs were still sort of in that game despite their offense looking putrid. 

Raiders 17 Saints 14th 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Love your writeup, but going to respond to the bold, the Bucs probably have the 6th or 7th best defense in the NFL. I’d say the Raiders probably sit around 20-23. Saints Offense is definitely going to have a great game. The question is, can we keep up? 

No doubt about that. I think we see a great effort on defense for the Raiders to start where they’re able to get a lead and it comes down to it they can get enough stops in the 2h and the Raiders holding on for dear life lol 

I wish I can be as optimistic as yall. I think kamara easily gets a 20 to 25 fantasy day on us. I think dennis allen is gonna make and dare gruden to throw deep. He is gonna blitz carr for sure, probably overloading the right side if trent is out to trying to confuse us. Saint have been a top rushing defense for a while now. This is a get some turnovers some way and carr air it out game imo. I mean if he willing to play Goodwin and Evans one on one. He certainly gonna play our wrs one on one. 

I just want to stay competitive. Just not a laugher on the opener. 

Saints love to blitz and Carr has always had success against the blitz so I think fits right into what the Raiders like. Jacobs and Waller on check downs will be huge. If Jacobs is able to have success on the ground then the offense should be able to move the ball and get into the red zone. 

This is a game where Waller needs to have 100 yards for the Raiders. Saints have no one that can cover him. Have to force feed your mismatches. 

Raiders win...

Raiders run the ball a lot and feed old man Witten but only kick FG's

Our boring bend don't break D luls Brees into two pick 6's that win us the game.

After the game we rip on Carr for so many short passes to a slow TE. We rip Gruden for conservative play calling and forcing it to old man Witten. We rip into Mayock because our D bored the MNF announcers to sleep and expect more with all the draft capital and FA's thrown at the D. We all praise Jacobs and wish we'd get a back up RB to take 5 carries away from him per game. We rip Ferrell because he is a #4 pick. WE praise Abram for his aggressiveness even though it got a 15 yard flag that woke Brees from his nap. We attack Morrow and Harris for being sub par and accidentally being in the right place to make the pick 6's.   Damn...I don't even need to watch the game now.   LOL

• Like 2