Week 2 MNF Thead: Saints (1-0) @ Raiders (1-0) - Welcome home, Raiders!

RaidersAreOne

Someone on Cody Raiders podcast (not a huge fan nir Gaye him, just googled raiders on YouTube post game) said....

wrye not making mistakes that’s why we win.  It’s so true!  The Saints killer themselves with mostly unnecessary penalties.  While the defense is soft.... it’s side enough to still win and isn’t giving up big plays.  

I still don’t know how we won playing soft coverage and not getting pressure..... versus Brees of all people

Massive win for the young team and I their confidence!

brees really missed M.Thomas tonight..... I wonder how things would have gone with Him Playing.

we should have a confident team going into NE but can’t be feeling ourselves too much and open up for a big letdown.  We just gotta continue to improve.... despite being 2-0 there’s LOTS of room for improvement .... and keep the momentum going into Foxboro!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Someone on Cody Raiders podcast (not a huge fan nir Gaye him, just googled raiders on YouTube post game) said....

wrye not making mistakes that’s why we win.  It’s so true!  The Saints killer themselves with mostly unnecessary penalties.  While the defense is soft.... it’s side enough to still win and isn’t giving up big plays.  

I still don’t know how we won playing soft coverage and not getting pressure..... versus Brees of all people

Massive win for the young team and I their confidence!

brees really missed M.Thomas tonight..... I wonder how things would have gone with Him Playing.

we should have a confident team going into NE but can’t be feeling ourselves too much and open up for a big letdown.  We just gotta continue to improve.... despite being 2-0 there’s LOTS of room for improvement .... and keep the momentum going into Foxboro!

Well said and next week will be a massive test.  NE never makes those mistakes and the went toe to toe with the best QB in the NFL in Russ and a lock for the playoffs in the Seahawks.  Next week will tell me a lot but tonight was very impressive.  Great game!!!

2 minutes ago, TLO said:

Next week is nothing like a trap game. They’ll be ready to go for Foxborough. 

Short week early start coming off a big win sets it up to be a trap game.

They could very well come out ready and that will show us what type of team this is. Will be interesting in seeing how they come out. 

30 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Short week early start coming off a big win sets it up to be a trap game.

They could very well come out ready and that will show us what type of team this is. Will be interesting in seeing how they come out. 

If they can’t get up for a game in New England, they aren’t ready for primetime. Not saying they’ll win, but they need to be competitive. 

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I kept one eye on this game. For those saying this is 2016 Carr, it’s not. This is an evolution of 2018 and 2019 Carr. He has been a better player last season and two games into this season than he ever was in 2016.

Don't entirely agree with this, in 2016 he had a visible confidence and had more belief in his WRs so threw more 50/50 balls and maybe trusted his receivers deep more. He is playing within the confines of the system right now and what we are seeing I believe is his primary job (according to Grudens system) is to look after the football and keep ahead of the chains. Maybe we start to open up a bit more as Carr gets accustomed to his receivers but I loved his gutsy throws in 2016 which he needs to keep improving on. He may well play better this year When all said and done as he's started pretty good but last year he was gun shy compared to ballsy 2016 Carr IMO, I don't think many would agree he was better last year than 2016. I certainly don't, though I did think he was ok to decent last year.