Week 2 MNF Thead: Saints (1-0) @ Raiders (1-0) - Welcome home, Raiders!

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Very glad. I wouldn't say Oakland is an "iconic" city, and that super corrupt City Council has prevented a Stadium for decades. Very happy with the move. Honestly as long as it was within one state, not a big deal. Oregon or Nevada I was totally fine with. San Antonio would of been super frustrating though.

All Oakland has left now is the A's and I'm also a huge A's fan. I hope they at least keep the A's, but I know the A's are frustrated as well. Hopefully their new stadium comes to fruition, the blueprint looks amazing.

Oh I totally agree with that.  I was thinking more of the stadium itself.  I will always remember the shots of the fans sitting down next to the field with all the masks and cool Raiders garb.  Another thing that I will never forget is the time that Jon Gruden went over to those fans and shook hands with them when it was all coming to an end.  Such a cool move.  I love Gruden.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

First everyone is entitled to their choice of music IMO.... but years in prison has made me despise rap or (c)rap music as I call it. In Oakland it made sense to embrace the street mentality of NWA, but now we’re in LV, and in a beautiful new stadium + should be making money hand over fist, we need to embrace a more corporate/ professional theme.  

Curious about what type of music is appropriate for football that is corporate and professional?

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Curious about what type of music is appropriate for football that is corporate and professional?

Anything besides F the police.  With everything going on right now there’s zero need to stoke the flame. 

there’s plenty of music that isn’t controversial or not advertiser friendly.  It doesn’t have to be some corny Disney theme music.

On 9/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I respect everyone's opinion whether I agree with it or not. I would hope I'd receive the same consideration. BTW, Why does my avi have anything to do with this?

Absolutely do not change your Avi.  I love it! And I’m 2x felon! Never coward or cave .... they don’t respect fear and cowardice. You’ll never appease them.

On 9/22/2020 at 12:04 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Dam that’s harsh but then I see your avi and iirc they still play The ghetto rap ish in practice lol and I’m pretty sure ice cube will be rapping sometime this year if we have fans

If the players want to listen to rap music all practice or pregame that’s great.... I hope they enjoy it and have fun.  But...

but the smart move is to distance ourselves from the old Oakland/LA & NWA image of the “old” franchise and rebrand ourselves.  It was the first LV home game.... why cling to the past when the future is so so so much brighter.  It’s a new day for us.  

I don’t think we should strip ourselves of the old school, Bad Ask Raiders image.  In fact I love that part of our history, as do ALL Raider fans.  But we can brand ourselves in a way that attracts more and better sponsors then in the past.  More money coming in means more cash flow and the ability to better the roster.