Week 2 MNF Thead: Saints (1-0) @ Raiders (1-0) - Welcome home, Raiders!

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thomas ruled out. 

Best WR in the league imo. I think our chances go up a great deal without him. Still think we’ll lose, but this may cost the Saints a couple of possessions and hopefully the Raiders can capitalize. Thomas is a massive 3rd down converter. 

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Brees threw a few floaty rainbows against the Bucs and for the first time I've ever seen looked only average in the short dink and dunk stuff, his short accuracy wasn't what it usually is and he looked flustered at times to me, though that may be due to the curtailed TC and pre season. Don't want to jinx us but I sense he may be vulnerable.......

yeah can't judge that stuff yet for me. too early in season. 

brady same thing, week 3/4 we shall see how is with bucs

I don’t think we have a chance to win if Ruggs doesn’t play and is at least 75% healthy.... by that I mean he might not be able to burn CBs deep but has to be able to contribute as more than a decoy.  
We can’t win just throwing to Waller and running Jacobs.  The Saints D is good enough to limit or take them away for stretches if that’s all we have.

We’ll need a good game out of Edwards and/or Agholor/Zay Jones too.  The Saints secondary has talent and could put the clamps on our WRs if there’s no threat of a deep ball.  Jenkins can get INTs by jumping routes, knowing he’s got help from his two good safeties, if all we do is throw short passes.  

Only way we win is to live and die on defense by playing tight defense and take away the dink and dunks, as well as, not settle for dink and dunks ourselves.

if Ruggs can play and play well and with MT out I think we have a chance to win a close one..:. but we’ll need 2+ big plays.

I don’t think we have a chance to win if Ruggs doesn’t play and is at least 75% healthy.... by that I mean he might not be able to burn CBs deep but has to be able to contribute as more than a decoy.  
We can’t win just throwing to Waller and running Jacobs.  The Saints D is good enough to limit or take them away for stretches if that’s all we have.

We’ll need a good game out of Edwards and/or Agholor/Zay Jones too.  The Saints secondary has talent and could put the clamps on our WRs if there’s no threat of a deep ball.  Jenkins can get INTs by jumping routes, knowing he’s got help from his two good safeties, if all we do is throw short passes.  

Only way we win is to live and die on defense by playing tight defense and take away the dink and dunks, as well as, not settle for dink and dunks ourselves.

if Ruggs can play and play well and with MT out I think we have a chance to win a close one..:. but we’ll need 2+ big plays.

itd really hurt deep down to lose the last game in Oakland and the first game in LV.  I really hope we can pull this one out.

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

itd really hurt deep down to lose the last game in Oakland and the first game in LV.  I really hope we can pull this one out.

It's early but I believe this offense is built to not force-feed any one player sans Jacobs.  It feels like this team can have anyone step up at any time.  Ruggs might be limited.  But Edwards, Jacobs, Waller, even Ingold and Jones and Renfrow can help us move the sticks.  Even if Ruggs was 100%... I don't think we are built around him specifically.  We're going too need to play the matchups in this game to be successful.  Spread it around.  

• Like 1