DreamKid

GDT 9/20/20 Week 2: 1-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-1 Houston Texans

33-13.

Texans can't match, i mean what changed since Nov to think otherwise.

If KC can run all over them so should the Ravens be able to. 200+ yds between Ingram and Dobbins.

3 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

33-13.

If KC can run all over them so should the Ravens be able to. 200+ yds between Ingram and Dobbins.

They got rid of Nuk

• Like 2

In agreement with @berlin calling. Ravens RB's should have a great day. Also, the Texans no longer have D-Hop, so that eases my mind as well. Long as we don't turn the ball over, Ravens should stroke 'em. 

Ravens 30 - Texans 14

The fact that the Ravens had clear deficiencies/areas for improvement in week 1 and STILL won 38-6 is a really, really good sign

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

33-13.

From the POV of us demolishing their OL with pass rush, they will have Tytus Howard at RT (not that he's been anything special) but the rest of their OL will be the same as that game when we got 7 sacks.

Their running game might be better (David Johnson looked like his old self last week, compared to facing Carlos Hyde last year), but their receiving corps is obviously not any better.

On defense, our OL will need to deal with a healthy JJ Watt, but their secondary looks worse than last year and they were pretty bad then.

Without trying to sound too over-confident, I think it'll take a magical performance from their few stars for them to win

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

That’s already a classic commentary moment. Obviously the play itself is legendary, but this is one of those plays where you NEED the commentary in the highlight, it absolutely amplifies an already legendary play.

• Like 1

I'd like to see our run game flash it's 2019 dominance in this one. I'm not expecting them replicate last year's historic performance, but it needs to be better than it was Week 1.

A chance for the oline to rebound. Get the run game going, and come home with another W

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I'd like to see our run game flash it's 2019 dominance in this one. I'm not expecting them replicate last year's historic performance, but it needs to be better than it was Week 1.

Was just coming in here to say that. I’m willing to give the OL a pass for their week 1 performance because they really need preseason games to gel with combo blocks, blocking angles, and the like. But they need to look AT LEAST incrementally better than last week. Show obvious improvements even if it’s not how they might be expected to look by mid season. If our OL shows up in a big way, I can’t see us losing this game. If they don’t, we certainly can.

On the other side of the field, our front 7 needs to look better as well. We won’t be going up against the likes of Chubb and Hunt but we need to show we can finally stop a team that likes to run those stretch zone concepts, unlike last season against the 49ers, the playoff game against the Titans, and last week against the Browns. Texans will run a similar system, we need to do a better job of containing the run.

In terms of prediction, I expect a closer game than last year. I’ll take us winning by 10 points in a game that only separates after a late 4th quarter score seals it away. I’ll call it: 27-17, Ravens. Feel like the OL won’t be as good as I hope and along with a usually stout Texans run defense, we aren’t as proficient moving the ball as we’d like. But Lamar will still show himself to be that dude and why as long as he’s on the field, we’ve legit got a chance to make things happen.

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

From the POV of us demolishing their OL with pass rush, they will have Tytus Howard at RT (not that he's been anything special) but the rest of their OL will be the same as that game when we got 7 sacks.

Their running game might be better (David Johnson looked like his old self last week, compared to facing Carlos Hyde last year), but their receiving corps is obviously not any better.

On defense, our OL will need to deal with a healthy JJ Watt, but their secondary looks worse than last year and they were pretty bad then.

Without trying to sound too over-confident, I think it'll take a magical performance from their few stars for them to win

dito. i totally neglected that they castrated themselves offensively by trading Nuk. Watt seems washed even after a full offseason, not to take away from him since he has accomplished amazing things but he is really nobody to game-plan for anymore. i won't expect 7 sacks on their Oline but that team as a whole seems veeery average. Browns do have a solid Oline and i expect our front 7 to be able to pressure Watson into some very doubtful decisions. he seems to get gun shy when pressured constantly and to me is worth 2 INTs against our stout backfield IF we are able to make him uncomfortable early.

It'll be important to force Deshaun Watson to play Hero Ball. I assume Harbs and Wink will deploy the same contain rush method attack they did last year. Which did a good job of stifling Watson's skill set. This will be an important game for Bowser and Queen in particular. Having Calais with us now means more interior pressure and more scrambling from QBs looking to escape said pressure. So as our outside and inside speed guys they'll need to run down Deshaun effectively. Tyus had 2 Sacks against the Texans last year. A repeat performance would be much appreciated. 

Don't sleep on MP in this one either. Watson likes getting wild with some of his throws and we know Peters is always looking to house something. Feels like he could have a day.

Obviously a beat down would be exciting and everything, but I'm always in favor of tough games. They build champions. And we'll be playing the actual returning champions the following week. I hope the Texans bring a healthy and improved unit for us to battle against.

• Like 1