AD or Jokic.. who should be rated higher..

resilient part 2

AD or JOKIC?? Who do you take??  

25 members have voted

1. 1. AD or Jokic??

• AD
    • Jokic

10 hours ago, champ11 said:

Incorrect. Jokic makes everyone around him better. You don't "need the right players" ... he makes them the right players. We saw AD with his own team and solid NBA players for close to a decade. High impact stats. lol 

If you're starting a team. It's Jokic. And it's not even close. That to me says he's better. If you have the best player in the NBA on your team that is an all time great playmaker I guess you can go AD. 

The one year we had a relatively healthy team we beat the breaks off the blazers in the playoffs, and that was after Boogie went down. Our teams were mostly horrible

2 hours ago, amac said:

The one year we had a relatively healthy team we beat the breaks off the blazers in the playoffs, and that was after Boogie went down. Our teams were mostly horrible

Plenty of teams deal with injuries. If AD is so good the teams shouldn’t have been horrible. That’s the whole point. I don’t need to re-litigate it, we’ve all had this conversation plenty. He’s clearly an elite number two. 

9 hours ago, champ11 said:

Plenty of teams deal with injuries. If AD is so good the teams shouldn’t have been horrible. That’s the whole point. I don’t need to re-litigate it, we’ve all had this conversation plenty. He’s clearly an elite number two. 

I just think it’s an overly simplistic way of viewing a player when you take out all context of his surrounding roster. Jokic has definitely proven more as a lead guy, which is way I’d take him but I don’t think AD was ever really in a position to succeed here, and this coming from someone who has no love for him.

1 hour ago, amac said:

I just think it’s an overly simplistic way of viewing a player when you take out all context of his surrounding roster. Jokic has definitely proven more as a lead guy, which is way I’d take him but I don’t think AD was ever really in a position to succeed here, and this coming from someone who has no love for him.

It is an overly simplistic view. When talking about the Pelicans and AD it's important to understand the context. The reason I have always been hard on AD about this is because people have just been placing him as a top 5 guy for years. Top 5 guys have success no matter what is around them. James Harden makes the Ben McLemores and Danuel Houses of the world solid starters. I just think he's slightly overrated. But as the number 2 guy? Yeah he can have incredible impact. And it's going to be a great series. AD is like one of two guys that can hang with Jokic. 

Jokic in elimination games:

7-1 record

25.6 PPG, 12.8 RPG, 6.8 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.8 BPG, 3.0 TOPG

48.4% FGs, 42.6% 3Ps, 82.9% FTs

Worst game (per  game score): 22 pts on 9/17 shooting, 14 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 TOs in game 5 vs Clippers

Does this have much to do with discussion? Not particularly, but I just can't get enough of these numbers from the CLUTCH GOD Jokic so I will continue posting them until he disappoints with his back against the wall. If that ever happens. 

15 hours ago, champ11 said:

I mean, are you going to say that those New Orleans teams were as good (and deep) as Denver is?

15 hours ago, champ11 said:

People just say this like it’s a fact because AD looks the part and Jokic doesn’t 

I hate AD, with a passion, but he probably is better. Jokic might be the worst defensive big man in the league. If I have a team with another stud, I'm taking AD. If I have a lot of okay players, I'm taking Jokic. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I hate AD, with a passion, but he probably is better. Jokic might be the worst defensive big man in the league. If I have a team with another stud, I'm taking AD. If I have a lot of okay players, I'm taking Jokic. 

since I started this one, I must admit, that this ^ is probably the best or most accurate answer TBH.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Jokic might be the worst defensive big man in the league? They just beat a top 2 offense in a playoff series. Lmao. Jokic will never get fair or proper analysis because of how he looks. Period. 

Edited by champ11

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Jokic might be the worst defensive big man in the league. They just beat a top 2 offense in a playoff series. Lmao. Jokic will never get fair or proper analysis because of how he looks. Period. 

Jokic isn't anywhere close to the worst defensive big man in the league.

• Like 1