AD or Jokic.. who should be rated higher..

resilient part 2

AD or JOKIC?? Who do you take??  

25 members have voted

1. 1. AD or Jokic??

• AD
    • Jokic

Just now, champ11 said:

Once the team got one competent perimeter defender back in the rotation (Harris) the nuggets have defended at a top 10 rate since game 4. And been very good. But, yeah, the toughest matchup for Jok is the spread pick and roll. He wasn’t good enough in the first three games and Mitchell was on an insane heater. But the whole premise of the question lacks understanding lol. He wasn’t defending Gobert. He was defending Donovan Mitchell going downhill. 

Defense will always be a team thing and why - like you said - metrics are tough 

Also just looked up Aldridge stats from last post season....... not sure why thats your basis for Jokic being a good defender lol

40 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean I know what I'm watching when Jahlil Okafor drops like 16 on him lol. Basketball defensive metrics are all pretty flawed tbh. He's not a good post defender. I'll go to the grave with this take.

Considering you're citing one example consistently, I'll assume you fall into the first category and move on. 

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also just looked up Aldridge stats from last post season....... not sure why thats your basis for Jokic being a good defender lol

From watching the games. I’ve been posting on here for years. I’m trying to help you. I ain’t lying to you bro 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Considering you're citing one example consistently, I'll assume you fall into the first category and move on. 

Its just the most glaring example of a pretty bad NBA player getting easy buckets on him. I apologize I don't have the numbers of every big man to score on Jokic readily available for you sir.

• Like 1

Just now, champ11 said:

From watching the games. I’ve been posting on here for years. I’m trying to help you. I ain’t lying to you bro 

So have I lol I'm not sure how that changes anything. I've watched plenty of Nuggets ball and I don't think I've ever once come away and said wow Jokic played great defense tonight 

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I very much disagree.  Other than Jrue Holiday and DeMarcus Cousins, I'm not sure there's a Pelicans play who breaks the Nuggets' rotation in the last 3 seasons with the team.

You know how many games he’s started next to Plumlee or Torrey Craig? Nuggets just keep winning no matter what injuries are happening. Jokic is a rising tide. AD was not in NO. But apparently he had a gleague roster or whatever for 7 years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Its just the most glaring example of a pretty bad NBA player getting easy buckets on him. I apologize I don't have the numbers of every big man to score on Jokic readily available for you sir.

Well considering you're using Jahlil Okafor, a guy who shoots 78% at the rim, 62% from the floor, and was widely considered a low post juggernaut coming out of college, I don't think that helps your case. He's not a bad NBA player because he's can't score down low. He's bad for a variety of other reasons. To think Jokic is one of the worst defensive big men in the NBA is an indefensible take. 

Edited by Bullet Club

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Well considering you're using Jahlil Okafor, a guy who shoots 78% at the rim, 62% from the floor, and was widely considered a low post juggernaut coming out of college, I don't think that helps your case. He's not a bad NBA player because he's can't score down low. He's bad for a variety of other reasons. To think Jokic is one of the worst big man in the NBA is an indefensible take. 

I have never once said he's one of the worst big men in the NBA lol. He's an elite player. He's just not a good defender.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I have never once said he's one of the worst big men in the NBA lol. He's an elite player. He's just not a good defender.

You literally did on page 4. 

EDIT: I see the confusion. I meant to say worst defensive big men.

Edited by Bullet Club

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You literally did on page 4. 

EDIT: I see the confusion. I meant to say worst defensive big men.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I spoke in hyperbole, he's obviously not like Okafor level bad but he's not a good individual defender. Watched him get smoked far to many times by other bigs. He could grade out well in PnR defense, which is obviously important. 

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So have I lol I'm not sure how that changes anything. I've watched plenty of Nuggets ball and I don't think I've ever once come away and said wow Jokic played great defense tonight 

Here’s all I’ll say - if Jokic was actually awful at defense how could they have possibly won three playoff series over the past two years? And the one they lost was going 7 with Portland when they controlled Dame. If he is locked in - and the guys he needs to help him are locked in - they are good. But you aren’t totally wrong where he can be bad ( I don’t think he was locked in enough to start the Utah series truthfully ) and he can be in trouble if everyone around him can’t defend or aren’t locked in. As a member of a unit he can be very good. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Here’s all I’ll say - if Jokic was actually awful at defense how could they have possibly won three playoff series over the past two years? And the one they lost was going 7 with Portland when they controlled Dame. If he is locked in - and the guys he needs to help him are locked in - they are good. But you aren’t totally wrong where he can be bad ( I don’t think he was locked in enough to start the Utah series truthfully ) and he can be in trouble if everyone around him can’t defend or aren’t locked in. As a member of a unit he can be very good. 

I mean Curry is by no means a great defender and he's won multiple Championships. I'm not sure how team success proves Jokic is a good defender.

I love Jokic, so I think you're taking this as if I dislike him. If I'm starting a team I'm taking Jokic over AD, but if I need a #2 Beta I'm taking AD over Jokic. If that makes sense.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK, after this last game AD = Joker.. both Super-Stars.. Still feel bad for Joker though... soo damn close..

I could have saved you 6 pages of nonsense if you would have just taken my answer in the first page lol. Not much separates these two big men, both are skilled in a variety of ways. Inside, outside, passing, defense, pick and roll, handling. AD has more athleticism which is why he is a little higher.