Allen Robinson being shopped, are we interested?

HTTRDynasty

What would you guys be willing to trade for Allen Robinson?  I'd go as high as a 2nd.  He's still young, we desperately need more proven weapons, and he and Terry would complement each other nicely.

We'd have to make him one of the highest paid WRs in the league, but we have the cap space and I think it'd be worth it.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What would you guys be willing to trade for Allen Robinson?  I'd go as high as a 2nd.  He's still young, we desperately need more proven weapons, and he and Terry would complement each other nicely.

We'd have to make him one of the highest paid WRs in the league, but we have the cap space and I think it'd be worth it.

Why does he want out? Because he's not getting paid? Inconsistent QB play?

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not sure if I'd target Robinson. He is a good/very good WR, but I don't know how he would fit in to our offense/gameplan. He definitely has name recognition and the ability to take attention off of Terry McLaurin...

I'd be willing to give up a 2nd for a talented TE or a starting caliber LT/LG.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Not sure if I'd target Robinson. He is a good/very good WR, but I don't know how he would fit in to our offense/gameplan. He definitely has name recognition and the ability to take attention off of Terry McLaurin...

I'd be willing to give up a 2nd for a talented TE or a starting caliber LT/LG.

He would be perfect for this offense, especially given Haskins' inaccuracy issues.

I mean if you wanna throw a 3rd rounder at them since we have two, then maybe, but otherwise, I'd stay the course right now. Games before the bye: Arizona, Cleveland, Balt, Rams, Giants, Dallas. My guess is probably 3-4 at best going into that bye. 

@naptownskinsfan or @Thaiphoon can you move this to a new thread? Might be good discussion if both are actually on the block. 

53 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'd take A Rob over OBJ, but this is interesting...

I doubt Rivera would want the headache though.

If you can get Odell for that 3rd you got for Williams I make the move.

Beckham hasn't been right since he became a Brown. I'd be willing to bet his decline is more about being in Cleveland oppose to him being unable to still produce. 

Take a chance and see if you can get this Great High Level Talent while it's going for a Low Price. I could see Odell being shipped for a 3-5 round pick. I think it's a overpay to give more at this point. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

If you can get Odell for that 3rd you got for Williams I make the move.

Beckham hasn't been right since he became a Brown. I'd be willing to bet his decline is more about being in Cleveland oppose to him being unable to still produce. 

Take a chance and see if you can get this Great High Level Talent while it's going for a Low Price. I could see Odell being shipped for a 3-5 round pick. I think it's a overpay to give more at this point. 

I was about to say I don’t give them anything huge. But he could be really good here with Terry. I hate trading picks but he’s under contract and maybe Ron gets him to buy in and he sees a defense and Terry and says I’ll try. He has talent!!! Can you get a hungry Odell?  That’s what you have to ask yourself befor you pull the trigger

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree, a 2nd is as high as I’d go, definitely not a 1st; probably a top 10 pick for us. Robinson just turned 27, him w/ Terry & then w/ Sims in the slot is a really, really nice group of WRs for Haskins to throw to.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean if you wanna throw a 3rd rounder at them since we have two, then maybe, but otherwise, I'd stay the course right now. Games before the bye: Arizona, Cleveland, Balt, Rams, Giants, Dallas. My guess is probably 3-4 at best going into that bye. 

One of those 3rds is the best I could do as well. Preferably the Niners one. 

I would love to add a player like Robinson or OBJ. In that order, as I think OBJ is one of the most gifted WRs I’ve ever seen but also has a tremendous loser mentality. Easily frustrated, petulant, and utterly possessed with the mindset that everyone should be focused on what’s best for Odell. 

Both of them would be huge additions. But the problem is, as I’ve said many times before, trading picks for a player with (or seeking) a big contract means you’re giving up two assets for one player — the draft pick and the cap space. If you’re talking about giving up our 2nd round pick, for example, that could be two very good starters that you’re giving up: a top 50 pick in the draft plus a $15-18M free agent with the cash you’d be paying Robinson or OBJ. 

I’d do the (presumably somewhat late) 3rd solely out of recognition of the fact that it’s proved hard in the past to lure true top FAs to DC. If you had a guy like Robinson already in house, and were the only team that could offer him a contract during the season, that would certainly enhance your chances at getting him locked in long-term.