Allen Robinson being shopped, are we interested?

HTTRDynasty

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

When? 

Um, 2021? 

Ja'Marr Chase, LSU

DeVonta Smith, Georgia

Rondale Moore, Purdue

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota

Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

Seth Williams, Auburn

Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC

Sage Surratt, Wake Forest

Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State

Chris Olave, Ohio State. 

All of these are rated in the 2nd round or higher. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

One of those 3rds is the best I could do as well. Preferably the Niners one. 

I would love to add a player like Robinson or OBJ. In that order, as I think OBJ is one of the most gifted WRs I’ve ever seen but also has a tremendous loser mentality. Easily frustrated, petulant, and utterly possessed with the mindset that everyone should be focused on what’s best for Odell. 

Both of them would be huge additions. But the problem is, as I’ve said many times before, trading picks for a player with (or seeking) a big contract means you’re giving up two assets for one player — the draft pick and the cap space. If you’re talking about giving up our 2nd round pick, for example, that could be two very good starters that you’re giving up: a top 50 pick in the draft plus a $15-18M free agent with the cash you’d be paying Robinson or OBJ. 

I’d do the (presumably somewhat late) 3rd solely out of recognition of the fact that it’s proved hard in the past to lure true top FAs to DC. If you had a guy like Robinson already in house, and were the only team that could offer him a contract during the season, that would certainly enhance your chances at getting him locked in long-term. 

This ^^^. I'd do a 3rd (49ers 3rd) for Robinson.

I've mentioned in the past how much I like this guy. Check out the videos of his route running and making DBs look silly as he gets open and "wins" quickly and gives his QB a chance to complete the ball.

Not sure about making him the highest paid WR, but I'd go $14m-15m AAV for him if we did the trade.

That being said, as much as I love this guy, I might actually pass on him for one of the rookies coming out. Still undecided on that, though because this guy made Bortles look like a real QB

34 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Um, 2021? 

Ja'Marr Chase, LSU

DeVonta Smith, Georgia

Rondale Moore, Purdue

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota

Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

Seth Williams, Auburn

Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC

Sage Surratt, Wake Forest

Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State

Chris Olave, Ohio State. 

All of these are rated in the 2nd round or higher. 

Non are better than this years previous class In My Opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not interested in these guys like I was last year class.

Sure. No one is overall. Last year was truly unreal. But there are guys like Chase, Smith, Waddle, etc are very good prospects. 

This class is Weak compared to Last Year's. 

Weak might be too strong, but yes, of course its weaker. Weak is like 2009/15 or something. 

Allen is worth a 2nd round pick with this years class. Last year he wasn't. 

Maybe. Like I said I would definitely do a third. I just think we will have a high 2nd, and I don't know if I wanna give it up. Maybe if they gave a pick back too. 

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sure. No one is overall. Last year was truly unreal. But there are guys like Chase, Smith, Waddle, etc are very good prospects. 

Weak might be too strong, but yes, of course its weaker. Weak is like 2009/15 or something. 

Maybe. Like I said I would definitely do a third. I just think we will have a high 2nd, and I don't know if I wanna give it up. Maybe if they gave a pick back too. 

With the Luck they've had in the 2nd round I'm willing to part with that for a Proven Allen Robinson or Beckham. 

Last year I wouldn't say that because of the Talent available at WR in the 2nd round. 

1st round this year I'm looking at Sewell and Parsons. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'd rather give the contract out to someone and use the pick for another player, especially given his age.  I really don't like doing both for just one player. 

Like who? Most of the time great FA WRs in their prime don’t hit free agency.