What rookies do you think you have already missed on after Week 1?

VanS

For me its Jerry Jeudy.

After watching a lot of the rookies from the 2020 class make their debut this week, almost everyone looked as I expected.  I personally don't see the 2020 draft being remembered as a great draft.  With that said, the one guy who looked much better than I thought he would look was Jerry Jeudy.  I was really impressed with his body control, explosiveness, and agility.  I saw a lot more juice out of him in the NFL than I did at Alabama.  He looked a lot like Emmanuel Sanders out there (could be the jersey number and playing on the Broncos playing a part in this comp).  Now I don't think he's going to be one of the best WRs in the NFL.  However, he looks a lot better than the 2nd-3rd round grade I gave him before the draft.

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Jerry Jeudy had two major drops that helped keep the Titans in the game. If he can clean those up he's going to be a good one, I had him as my #1 coming out, and I was also very high on Lamb. 

I was saying in the Broncos forum that while the drops were annoying, I think they can be coached out of him and more than anything I was impressed with how wide open he was when the ball was thrown to him. He absolutely made the Titans cornerbacks look bad in coverage. I had my WRs ranked Lamb-Jeudy-Ruggs based on talent, but Jeudy was higher on my board because Lamb had maturity concerns. He's going to be a great one.

I think I missed on Edwards-Helaire. Not that I thought he was going to be a bust, but I had Swift, Taylor, Dobbins and Akers ranked above him.

His hands issue is so weird considering he is so good at every other area of the WR position. Reminds me of Amari Cooper.

As for the thread it's too early to say who I missed on but it's not like I have grade out on every rookie either. Guys who impressed me are the obvious CEH, and Chase Young.

On 9/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, Chargers said:

His hands issue is so weird considering he is so good at every other area of the WR position. Reminds me of Amari Cooper.

As for the thread it's too early to say who I missed on but it's not like I have grade out on every rookie either. Guys who impressed me are the obvious CEH, and Chase Young.

It is strange with Jeudys drops, didnt expect that to be a weekly concern with him. On the other hand, KJ Hamler looked great last week. There was a mashup I saw with all of his routes he ran and he was making Nelson/Haden look silly with his route running. Even if he didnt get a ton of targets, Hamler was getting 3-5 yards of separation out of the slot every other play.

If there are any Lions fans in here how has Jeff Okudah looked?

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I thought Jeff okudah would have a better start 

Same here.  But my comp for him was Nmandi Asomaugh.  And Nnamdi did have a tough start to his career before he became an All-Pro.  We'll see if Jeff Okudah follows the same progression.  You are right however that he has not looked good thus far.