What rookies do you think you have already missed on after Week 1?

VanS

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I was pissed about the Damon Arnette pick but he has surprised me so far this season. 

IMO Arnette is the definition of a "he's going to be solid" pick. He has a low ceiling, but a really high floor. He's "safe". He's good in coverage, is a slightly above average athlete, but a decent tackler as well. He's got decent length, so that helps his limited speed.

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO Arnette is the definition of a "he's going to be solid" pick. He has a low ceiling, but a really high floor. He's "safe". He's good in coverage, is a slightly above average athlete, but a decent tackler as well. He's got decent length, so that helps his limited speed.

Now if he could just get that damn hand fixed. It's been like 2 years? He showed some very high IQ early:

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Now if he could just get that damn hand fixed. It's been like 2 years? He showed some very high IQ early:

Yeah, he played with a cast on his hand for virtually all of last year at OSU

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

His deficiencies have never been awareness based, but rather that occasionally he panics with his hands/eyes in those 1:1 situations.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:15 AM, VanS said:

He didn't compete at the combine so how is it "factually wrong"?  All we have on Chase Young when it comes to verified athletic testing comes from his time in high school when he competed at Nike's The Opening.  Here are the numbers he put up:  http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/212159/chase-young

4.94 40 yard dash and 30.3" vertical leap at 226 lbs.  

Those numbers don't scream out "explosive".  And FTR I said during the combine it didn't surprise me that he chose to not compete because I suspect he didn't improve that much on these numbers during his time in college.  So rather than damage his draft stock which was built on the idea that he was an elite Myles Garrett level athlete, Chase Young and his handlers decided against doing the athletic testing at the combine. 

Part of what's missing here is that he was 226 on a 6'5" frame. He had a ton of projection at the time that filled in during his time at OSU. Good chance that he's a guy who grew into his body in college.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:44 PM, TitanSlim said:

I thought Isaiah Simmons would be an instance day one impact player but that’s far from being the case.

Certainly not giving up on him yet, but he’s not off to a promising start.

I said this before; I think his combine got everyone excited which lead to him being over-drafted. I think he can still be a good player, but I don’t think he’s the player everyone was making him out to be after the combine.

6 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Part of what's missing here is that he was 226 on a 6'5" frame. He had a ton of projection at the time that filled in during his time at OSU. Good chance that he's a guy who grew into his body in college.

All speculation.  He did not participate at the combine so we have no idea how athletic he really is.  People just assume he's a great athlete because of his production and how he looks.

I think he was not running that fast in the 40 during the lead up to the combine.  So rather than damage his stock which was built on the idea he was another Myles Garrett, his handlers just held him out.  Smart decision on their part considering the hype around him being an elite athlete.