Week 2: New York Giants @ Chicago Bears

Acgott

The Bears are more on our level than the Steelers are. This will be a better measuring stick for the team than week 1. I'm hoping, and think there is a realistic chance, for a win this week. We need to shut down the Bears run game and get Mitch off balance on defense. On offense, we need to get the run game going. Basically the entire OL (everyone but Thomas) needs to step up their game. The Bears pass rush isn't the Steelers, but they are still very good. We need to keep Mack from pinning his ears back and getting after Jones.

• Like 1

I think this is a game we can win. The Bears didn't win that game last week, the Lions lost it. And when u think the Lions, it comes as no surprise. DJ showed us he can go toe to toe with the big boys of the Steelers. We truly could've won that game. The INT he tossed in the endzone was the backbreaker. If he doesn't do that, the games a nail biter to the end. He is smart enough to correct that kind of mistake. And I truly believe he will. Im hoping Mark Columbo got on his guys this week about run blocking because Saquon getting 6 yds on 15 carries is a disgrace. Well see how they react. The defence overall has to show us they can bring it for 60 solid mins. None of this 1st half ok were done kinda BS.  The key to this game if u ask me is keep an eye on Tarik Cohen and Allen Robinson. To me if u can shut down even 1 of the 2 I think we take this one. What im watching in this one is can we see our oline be more cohesive and run block and can our our defence bring a solid effort. We do those 2 we win.

• Like 1

Yea I dunno. If they can't create even a single lane for SB to run through they're going to struggle against any halfway decent D. You couldn't handle TJ Watt...well here comes Khalil Mack , Mingo, Quinn and Co. I'm just baffled how you can have one of the best RB's to ever play the game and not even give him a single GD running lane in an entire game. My confidence in this offense is at an all time low. 

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Yea I dunno. If they can't create even a single lane for SB to run through they're going to struggle against any halfway decent D. You couldn't handle TJ Watt...well here comes Khalil Mack , Mingo, Quinn and Co. I'm just baffled how you can have one of the best RB's to ever play the game and not even give him a single GD running lane in an entire game. My confidence in this offense is at an all time low. 

Fwiw, the steelers front 7 is maybe the best in football. The Bears is not nearly as good. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I’m pretty sure TJ Watt has more sacks than Mack the past two years. Also, Bud is much better than Mingo 

Edited by YogiBiz

I hate Chicago. They're unpredictable and tough to beat at home. Trubisky looks like a decent franchise guy one week and mediocrity personified the next. It's tempting to label the Bears a bargain-basement version of Pittsburgh, but really I never know what to expect with them.

That said, if the Giants get some kind of ground game going to complement a mistake-free performance by Jones, they absolutely can win this. But I don't want to see another game where Danny has more rushing yards than Saquon Barkley. 😬

Edited by y*so*blu

10 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Anyone see any updates on Golden Tate? See if he's suiting up for this one against the Bears ? 

He’s questionable, but has looked better in practice than last week. He be a game time decision, but beat believes he plays right now 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Honestly Tate is meaningless. It comes down to can they or can they not get SB a lane to run through. Simple as that

Better weapons helps push attention away Barkley, but  you are right. If the OL can’t block, we are done.

• Like 1