How Are Those Rookies Doing?

notthatbluestuff

Week 6 update:

1. LB Jordyn Brooks - Should be back in the mix after his knee injury this week. Hard to really say much about him considering how little he has seen the field thus far.

2. DE Darrell Taylor - Scheduled to come off the PUP. No timetable yet. IF he sees the field in 2020, wont be until after week 10.

3. G Damien Lewis - Been the starter all season, and has been really, really good. 2nd Best Lineman, on a surprisingly really solid unit this year. 

4. TE Colby Parkinson - Like Taylor; Scheduled to come off the PUP. No timetable yet. IF he sees the field in 2020, wont be until after week 10. Would be a uphill battle for snaps with Olsen, Dissly and Hollister.

4. RB Deejay Dallas -  Got a few snaps in the Dallas game once Carson went down. Its going to be really interesting what happens when Penny comes back. 

5. DE Alton Robinson - Fixture in the rotation so far. Seeing 35-40% of defensive snaps since debuting in week 3. 

6. WR Freddie Swan - Has a catch in every game thus far, 7-97 1TD. Not bad for a 6th round pick. Snaps will definitely take a hit as Dorsett is set to return this week. 

7. TE Stephen Sullivan - Practice Squad Protected

Edited by animaltested

Browns

Rd1-  OT Jedrick Wills- As advertised, had some tough rookie moments here and there but for the most part he has lived up to the billing of a top OT talent.

Rd2- S Grant Delpit- Injured Reserve

Rd3- DT Jordan Elliott- Analytics love him when he plays, but Ive yet to see many memorable plays from him.

Rd3- LB Jacob Phillips- Has been surprisingly effective as a LB when he plays, especially in coverage. Problem is he has missed games as well.

Rd4-  TE Harrison Bryant- Effective and took the TE2 role from Njoku. Hes going to be a good one and a guy who other teams wonder how he slipped that far.

Rd5-  C Nick Harris- Not much to say. Hasnt played.

Rd6- WR Donovan Peoples-Jones- Took over kick and punt return duties. They are trying to get him involved as much as possible but he is more of a project.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Broncos

Rd1- WR Jerry Jeudy- Has flashed his potential here and there but has been largely inconsistent. You can tell he is adjusting and searching for his role.

Rd2- WR KJ Hamler- Injured most of the year with hamstring injuries. Yet to see what he is on the offense.

Rd3- C Lloyd Cushenberry- Got abused against the good teams but has been very steady in other stretches. Lots of ups and downs.

Rd3- CB Michael Ojemudia- Mostly a 'who?!' type of pick but it looks like Fangio/Elway nailed this one. He has played really confident as a starter and has forced a few turnovers.

Rd3- DT McTelvin Agim- Hasnt gotten any playing time.

Rd4- TE Albert Okwugbunam. First playing time this past week and got a LOT of targets and made plays. He looks and plays like a carbon copy of Noah Fant.

Rd5- LB Justin Strnad- On Injured Reserve

Rd6- OG Netane Muti- Hasnt played.

Rd7- WR Tyrie Cleveland- Return duties. Might sneak in some playing time if Deasean Hamilton continues with the dropsies and Hamler is out.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Andrew Thomas has been very bad in pass protection and decent-good in the run game. Marc Columbo had him change his entire pass set from college and that is where the struggles are coming from. Not good that the top OT taken is easily worse than the 3 taken after him. It's only been 6 games, but it is worrisome.

Mckinney has been on IR. Coaching staff still has big plans for him IMO.

Peart has been better than Thomas in limited reps. He stole snaps at LT last week and had more than Thomas due to Thomas violating team rules (late to a meeting). Peart showed elite run blocking and average-slightly above average pass blocking. Regardless of what happens with Thomas, and we really should give him more time, I think we have something in Peart.

Holmes has been improving every week. Teams were targeting him in the first few weeks with success. He was really close on a lot of plays, just a step behind. Processing lag. He's upped his game as the season has continued. He got hurt and missed most of last game, but against the Cowboys he had a few nice pass breakups, including one on Lamb in the end zone that would have been a touchdown. Still lets up a lot of catches, but he's a 4th round rookie corner who went from boundary to slot corner. The improvement is what is most important.

Lemieux has had 2 snaps all year as FB, and I think we passed on both of those plays.

Cam Brown is an impressive guy. Really athletic. He is a gunner on punt team, which is odd to see for a LB, and does a really good job there. He finally got defensive snaps last week and flashed just a tiny bit. You can see what the coaches/FO liked in him out of PSU.

Carter Coughlin has only gotten ST snaps.

TJ Brunson I think has been inactive every game.

Chris Williamson is on the PS.

Tae Crowder, Mr Irrelevant, has been pretty good! The Giants started the season with a lot of 2-ILB formations with Blake Martinez and Davante Downs. After the coaching staff quickly realized Downs is really bad, we played mostly with just 1 ILB, Martinez. Then they started trying out Crowder at the other ILB spot, and we shot back up to running 2 ILB formations about 75% of the time. You see a lot of positive things with Crowder on tape- he's fast and quick and covers a lot of ground. The negatives are that his open field tackling is bad. Really not good. For a 7th round rookie LB who was a converted RB, he's played well. He also scored the game winning touchdown against the WFT and became the first Mr Irrelevant to score a defensive touchdown. He just got placed on IR with a hamstring injury, so we won't see him again for a few weeks.

I think we'll probably get more rookies out there given the current state of the defense. Blacklock, Jon Greenard and John Reid will probably log a lot of snaps going forward...

I mean, it literally couldn't be worse for this defense to get worse.

On 10/22/2020 at 8:21 AM, ET80 said:

I think we'll probably get more rookies out there given the current state of the defense. Blacklock, Jon Greenard and John Reid will probably log a lot of snaps going forward...

I mean, it literally couldn't be worse for this defense to get worse.

The Texans basically have to field a Chiefs-like offense just to break even.

• Like 1

Update for the Titans:

Isaiah Wilson, after getting in trouble for attending a party at TSU during shutdown, and getting a DUI doing doughnuts at a major intersection, has missed practice, and shown up late with "headaches."

So, dude is already looking like a no holds barred bust.

• Like 1

1. RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire - Has been everything we could've hoped for. A walking 15 yard reception, impossibly hard to tackle in open space, can run inside when called upon. Future blue jacket HOFer.

2. LB Willie Gay Jr - Got his first real action last week and looked good against the run and bad against the pass which is the norm for rookie LB'ers. Personally I think this dude will bust but the talent and measurables are there

3. OT Lucas Niang - sat out the year due to COVID option which could be a home run for us delaying that contract 1 year since this year was always looked at as his rehab year anyways.

4. CB L'Jarius Sneed - one of the steals of the entire draft so far. Started our first 3 games and played shutdown defense and got two picks, but then broke his collarbone.

5. DE Mike Danna - surprised he made the roster and have seen nothing but good things about him. He's already played a ton of snaps too, and I thought he had little to no shot at the roster once we signed Taco. He's already got a sack on Herbert. He was drafted cause our DL coach kept banging the drum on him so Veach got him his guy. I imagine Danna will have a long career as a rotational pass rusher.

Edited by Kirill

On 10/21/2020 at 4:42 PM, lomaxgrUK said:

Whilst I think this exaggerates his performance, Michael Ojemudia has been really, really impressive for a 3rd round rookie that has been tested so much.

Dude looked legit as hell when Tennessee played.  I was super impressed, and remembered being like "that guy?".  I think yall found a really good one.