notthatbluestuff

2020 - How are your team's rookies doing?

Cameron Dantzler got abused all day by Davante Adams. Minnesota refused to get any veteran help at corner this and it shows.

James Lynch didn't play. Its okay. We don't need DTs to get pressure on the QB. We'll give em all day to throw.

Justin Jefferson had 2 catches, and made a nice move. 1st round receivers are usually a bad investment, but hopefully he can be successful.

Jeff Gladney didn't play. 

Saints:
Cesar Ruiz- didn't play, hurt. But he'll be starting at RG when he gets back.

Zach Baun- didn't play, hurt. He'll likely be a back-up this year unless either Anzalone or Elliss gets hurt...which is almost 100% certain.

Adam Trautman- got less than 10 snaps. He may be used more with Michael Thomas hurting, but Taysom Hill will be the Saints #2 TE in most sets. But he has looked really good...very Jason WItten like. I suspect that he can be a game changer in 2021.

Tommy Stevens- is on the practice squad. Has been getting most of his work at TE, where he looks pretty capable. I suspect that he could be part of the plans to back up Taysom Hill if he's the starter in 2021.

Malcolm Roach- biggest contributor week 1 was an UDFA NT. He was all over the place. 

Marquez Callaway- didn't play week 1. But with Thomas hurt, look out for him to get some playing time, as he's probably the closest thing the Michael Thomas on the roster and looked good in camp.

Edited by sammymvpknight

Cole Kmet - 1 target 0 catches, likely ran the wrong route.  Very solid day blocking.  Probably 3rd TE right now.

Jaylon Johnson - solid debut, missed a tackle on Jones, jr, but rebounded nicely with 2 PBUs, 0TDs allowed.  

Darnell Mooney - 3 catches 23 yards, is 4th or 5th WR, moving up the DC.  Will probably be Bears speed WR sooner than later.

Kindle Vildor - a Healthy scratch, but they seem to like him.  Probably has to find a place on STs to be active game days.

Lachavious Simmons - practice squad

Hamilton Albright - inactive

Early reports suggest the bench has never been warmer.  Jordan Love is executing in his new role flawlessly.

2 rushes, 14 yards.  7 yards per rush is excellent for rookie AJ Dillon.

Josiah Deguara has made at least two excellent blocks as a fullback.  Good thing he was drafted as a tight end.  He's had one catch, too.

Kamal Martin was hyped up in training camp.  Then he got injured.

Jon Runyan came in due to injuries and played well.  Looks like another late round hit on the OL for the Packers.

Don't even know who else the Packers drafted (I do, but I might as well not for all I've heard of them). 

• Like 1

Cam Akers-14 carries for 39 yards, but you're seeing the flashes. Brown was expected (in my eyes) to start the season as #1 since he has the most experience in the offense and coaches trust him to pass block. Akers will eventually be the full time starter before the season ends.

Van Jefferson- one BEAUTIFUL catch for 31 yards and then not much else. He will likely have the 3rd WR spot locked up by mid-October

Terrel Lewis- didnt play. Injured

Terrel Burgess-didnt play

Bryce Hopkins- didnt play

Jordan Fuller- Steal of the later rounds. Started week 1 at FS and made the play of the game stopping CeeDee Lamb on 4th and 3. Someone to watch all season

Clay Johnston- not on team

Sam Sloman- went 2/3 on FG and made all his extra points. Mehh

Tremayne Anchrum- Didnt play

On 9/17/2020 at 12:27 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

Becton looks good so far. Held his own against a great Bills DL.

Mann has an absolute cannon in his leg.

The rest of our rookies haven't played because of the insane depth we have on the New York Football Jets.

The Gase curse, everyone gets injured. Fire the clown already

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Van Jefferson- one BEAUTIFUL catch for 31 yards and then not much else. He will likely have the 3rd WR spot locked up by mid-October

This one? I was expecting some wild catch, a little disappointed tbh but still a nice catch.

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Gase curse, everyone gets injured. Fire the clown already

Bro I’m not the owner, why are you telling me to fire the coach?

Bills:

AJ Epenesa - buried on a deep line and doesn’t play special teams. Apparently underwhelmed at camp. Inactive week 1.

Zack Moss - tough runner and hard to bring down. Didn’t get going against the Jets but had a TD reception.

Gabrial Davis - Bills 4th WR and the designated “blocking WR”. Looks good in short playing time so far.

Jake Fromm - 3rd on the depth chart. Will be Inactive every week.

Tyler Bass - had a rough start missing first two field goals but still went 5-7 on opening day including Extra points. 

Isiah Hodgins - on IR

Dand Jackson - Practice squad. 

Bucs

Tristan Wirf looked really good considering the circumstances he was going against Cam Jordan and didn't give up a sack.

Antoine Winfield was flying all over the field and almost had an INT in the endzone.

Everyone else was inactive or special teams and did nothing of value or anything to be proud of.

14 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

best rookie RB in the NFL

He’s in the discussion, for sure. Jags found a gem.

While we’re on this game, Fulton had his first career INT this week. Up and down, so far with him.

• Like 1

Jonathan Taylor had 100 yards 1TD in his first start not bad.

Edited by Blackstar12