Week 2 - Rams at Eagles

RamRod

5 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:
8 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Waiting for Flouch to join the chat and say Goff played like horse crap and Akers was a wasted pick. 

i don't get the akers part.

I liked Henderson coming out. Glad he played well for you guys today.

I wouldn't say Akers was a bad pick yet, but he was a bit of a luxury pick.

You guys could've taken a ILB, OLB/EDGE, iOL, etc.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I liked Henderson coming out. Glad he played well for you guys today.

I wouldn't say Akers was a bad pick yet, but he was a bit of a luxury pick.

You guys could've taken a ILB, OLB/EDGE, iOL, etc.

Possibly but Malcolm Brown gets hurt like every year and he's a free agent after this year. That's one thing with McVay and the front office, they draft for a need a year ahead most of the time. Two years ago we drafted Edwards and Evans and late in the year traded for Corbett now it's time to get them more involved. Edwards was great for Noteboom when he went out and Corbett has been solid two straight games at RG. The ILB/Edge spot like I mentioned earlier were a lot of late round picks/free agents the last couple of years with Lewis this year so it's possible they are added next draft but they added there the last 2 or 3 years in the draft too. 

• Like 2

My take on the game:

Besides the tipped pass to Henderson that would’ve been a TD, and the fumble by Kupp, I was pleased with the offense. Tyler Higbee is officially a beast TE. Goff is improving as always, and Henderson showed me a lot. 
  Could Kiser be the one? Or at the very least be solid until we can find someone better??? Time will tell, but if he can use this game as a stepping stone to get better, that’s one less position we’ll have to fill next season.

What is up with our edge rushers? If I’m not completely mistaken those guys are still receiving a check every week right??? Those guys must not have gotten their checks yet, because they’ve been non existent 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

A lot of people stopped participating around here when the Rams moved home. Plus some of us just don't find this forum very entertaining tbh. GG best of luck the rest of the way out. But after all the grief (I'd us appropriate 4 letter words but they get you in trouble around here) Goff took this off season and the Rams as a whole I have no problem enjoying this win!

Goff > Wentz as much as I liked him coming into the NFL I'm so glad we took Goff over Wentz.

Game balls to Kiser, Hendo and Goff along with a masterclass game called by McVay today. 

I just don't post in this GDT during the games. But yeah, he did lose a number of people.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

A lot of people stopped participating around here when the Rams moved home. Plus some of us just don't find this forum very entertaining tbh. GG best of luck the rest of the way out. But after all the grief (I'd us appropriate 4 letter words but they get you in trouble around here) Goff took this off season and the Rams as a whole I have no problem enjoying this win!

This Rams forum has gone on a roller coaster in the past 6 years, thats for sure, but personally I have decided to recuse myself from all things Philly on this site.

Because frankly its usually never worth it. RealMcCoy was completely pleasant this week in here with you all, but for the most part when the Goff/Wentz stuff comes up, its rarely ever met with logic, from either side honestly.

Glad we got the W, cant have that fumble from Kupp, but it was nice to see us just take control in the 2nd half once again. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Waiting for Flouch to join the chat and say Goff played like horse crap and Akers was a wasted pick. 

You know me so well : ) 

This Rams offense looks like the offense we had 2 years ago. If the opposing team stop our run offense, we're gonna lose. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

You know me so well : ) 

This Rams offense looks like the offense we had 2 years ago. If the opposing team stop our run offense, we're gonna lose. 

Not to be rude, but how do you get that if they stop our run then we’ll lose the game? 

First of all that’s such a vague statement that could be true for almost any team in the league. Second, how did you come up with that? Do you know what schemes the offense runs? If so, what are they? 

By the end of week 5. The NFC West:

Rams: Bills, Giants, Football Team

Cards: Lions, Panthers, Jets

Niners: Giants, Eagles, Dolphins

Seahawks: Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings

It won't happen because, ya know, football... but by week 5, a combined 19-1 from the NFC West is not impossible to see..... I f'in hate this division

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

By the end of week 5. The NFC West:

Rams: Bills, Giants, Football Team

Cards: Lions, Panthers, Jets

Niners: Giants, Eagles, Dolphins

Seahawks: Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings

It won't happen because, ya know, football... but by week 5, a combined 19-1 from the NFC West is not impossible to see..... I f'in hate this division

Youth and inexperience will catch up with the cards. 

• Like 1