Jump to content
RamRod

Week 2 - Rams at Eagles

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How has Staley been as DC?

He's made adjustments at half time of both games that helped us win those games. Wade never made adjustments.

The defense looks good, but you can tell they are learning on the fly with no pre-season games. Very promising.

Pass rush has been lacking from the edge. LB play is slightly better than expected from Kiser and Young. If the lack of pass rush continues, I expect the Rams to be active in adding someone via street FA or trade. If this team continues to look strong and in the playoff hunt, we would be foolish not to add someone who can rush the passer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's made adjustments at half time of both games that helped us win those games. Wade never made adjustments.

The defense looks good, but you can tell they are learning on the fly with no pre-season games. Very promising.

Pass rush has been lacking from the edge. LB play is slightly better than expected from Kiser and Young. If the lack of pass rush continues, I expect the Rams to be active in adding someone via street FA or trade. If this team continues to look strong and in the playoff hunt, we would be foolish not to add someone who can rush the passer. 

Indeed. I’ve lost my patience with our current group of pass rushers, we need to do something about it really soon. 

Edited by NYRamsFan88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's made adjustments at half time of both games that helped us win those games. Wade never made adjustments.

The defense looks good, but you can tell they are learning on the fly with no pre-season games. Very promising.

Pass rush has been lacking from the edge. LB play is slightly better than expected from Kiser and Young. If the lack of pass rush continues, I expect the Rams to be active in adding someone via street FA or trade. If this team continues to look strong and in the playoff hunt, we would be foolish not to add someone who can rush the passer. 

You’re wrong. Wade would make adjustments, it just took a half.. I love Staley and I’ve seen the pass rush issue looming.. It’s why I hated us bringing back Brockers. We should have kept Fowler or gone after a mid tier FA. Heck Wake still a FA and he still has some gas left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Indeed. I’ve lost my patience with our current group of pass rushers, we need to do something about it really soon. 

I haven't lost patient with the group, I just want to see more Oko and Polite on the field. Lewis is coming back after the next game I believe so that could be a huge boost as well.

Let's see what the unproven guys have next to Floyd. Ebukam is what he is at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

 

I haven't lost patient with the group, I just want to see more Oko and Polite on the field. Lewis is coming back after the next game I believe so that could be a huge boost as well.

Let's see what the unproven guys have next to Floyd. Ebukam is what he is at this point.

Ebukam sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

 

I haven't lost patient with the group, I just want to see more Oko and Polite on the field. Lewis is coming back after the next game I believe so that could be a huge boost as well.

Let's see what the unproven guys have next to Floyd. Ebukam is what he is at this point.

Ebukam is just a roster filler. He made a few good plays two seasons ago in that amazing game against KC then faded into the abyss. I’d be appalled if he’s still on the team next season.

Edited by NYRamsFan88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 10:29 PM, rocky_rams said:

Not to be rude, but how do you get that if they stop our run then we’ll lose the game? 

First of all that’s such a vague statement that could be true for almost any team in the league. Second, how did you come up with that? Do you know what schemes the offense runs? If so, what are they? 

The offense is based on run. Play action will work if the run is working, as simple as that. I'm not teaching you anything here.

I don't have the stat, but the rare play Goff was forced to make a dropback, the Oline was beat up and he was pressure like hell. 

In 2018 we were able to overcome this but we had a strong OL. This year, there's no improvement on Goff and the OL is not good. 

So let's pray that this offense will work until the end...

 

And as Jared said 

 

Edited by Flounch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Flounch said:

The offense is based on run. Play action will work if the run is working, as simple as that. I'm not teaching you anything here.

I don't have the stat, but the rare play Goff was forced to make a dropback, the Oline was beat up and he was pressure like hell. 

In 2018 we were able to overcome this but we had a strong OL. This year, there's no improvement on Goff and the OL is not good. 

So let's pray that this offense will work until the end...

 

And as Jared said 

 

This proves you know nothing about football. 

And of course it’s play action. A 10 year old can point out play action. 

Everything you say from here on out is discounted. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

 

I haven't lost patient with the group, I just want to see more Oko and Polite on the field. Lewis is coming back after the next game I believe so that could be a huge boost as well.

Let's see what the unproven guys have next to Floyd. Ebukam is what he is at this point.

Yeah Ebukam is a great athlete who just can’t seem to translate that into pass rush ability. I think he’d be better served as an off-ball LB in a 4-3 aka not on our team. I’d like to see Obo get some more opportunities and I’m really looking forward to seeing what Terrell Lewis can do. He has the potential to totally change the outlook of our edge rushers though that’s not to say that’s what we should be expecting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I’d like to see Obo get some more opportunities and I’m really looking forward to seeing what Terrell Lewis can do. He has the potential to totally change the outlook of our edge rushers though that’s not to say that’s what we should be expecting

I think thats exactly what we should be expecting, Thats what they drafted him for. To be like a 20 snap a game guy to put pressure on obvious passing downs this year, and expand to a more consistent contributor in the next few seasons

I htink anyone expecting another big trade (because regardless of how many weve made recently, the actual in season trades are rare) or some guy off the street to make some big impact this year is just hoping at this point, as neither of those scenarios are all that realistic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think thats exactly what we should be expecting, Thats what they drafted him for. To be like a 20 snap a game guy to put pressure on obvious passing downs this year, and expand to a more consistent contributor in the next few seasons

I htink anyone expecting another big trade (because regardless of how many weve made recently, the actual in season trades are rare) or some guy off the street to make some big impact this year is just hoping at this point, as neither of those scenarios are all that realistic

Lmao. When will people shut it about the rams not making moves. Les is one of the most Agressive GMs. The same people that said Todd wouldn’t be cut and Cooks wouldn’t be moved keep saying no no no. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Lmao. When will people shut it about the rams not making moves. Les is one of the most Agressive GMs. The same people that said Todd wouldn’t be cut and Cooks wouldn’t be moved keep saying no no no. 

There’s a difference between wouldn’t and shouldn’t. But I don’t expect people to understand that distinction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

There’s a difference between wouldn’t and shouldn’t. But I don’t expect people to understand that distinction.

Same applies. No one saw the Jalen trade. Les will be Agressive if he sees what he likes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think thats exactly what we should be expecting, Thats what they drafted him for. To be like a 20 snap a game guy to put pressure on obvious passing downs this year, and expand to a more consistent contributor in the next few seasons

I htink anyone expecting another big trade (because regardless of how many weve made recently, the actual in season trades are rare) or some guy off the street to make some big impact this year is just hoping at this point, as neither of those scenarios are all that realistic

Well I think everyone would agree with me when I say that’s certainly at least the hopes. Would love to see him just come in and be a beast. Me personally though, I’m just trying to temper my expectations. 
 

And for everyone expecting a trade... yes, Les has not been shy about making trades in the past but we have so little draft capital that we:

A) Cannot afford to make a buying move and 

B) Really don’t have much to give up even if we wanted to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...