Week 2 - Rams at Eagles

RamRod

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Can someone summarize for the me the anti-Flounch agenda on this board? lol

My understanding is he thinks Goff is only good if he has a solid offensive line play and a running game (most QB's are). And when his O-Line play and running game were poor, Goff looked bad (which he was). Very few QB's in NFL history are able to over come poor O-Line play and no running attack to win games. 

Am I missing something?

In simple terms, nothing is ever good enough. He is Eeyore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Can someone summarize for the me the anti-Flounch agenda on this board? lol

My understanding is he thinks Goff is only good if he has a solid offensive line play and a running game (most QB's are). And when his O-Line play and running game were poor, Goff looked bad (which he was). Very few QB's in NFL history are able to over come poor O-Line play and no running attack to win games. 

Am I missing something?

Yes this is the gap between HOF QB and a good QB. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Yes this is the gap between HOF QB and a good QB. 

Ahh damn man. I was trying to help you out, but I see why they hate. No. That's simply not true. We're talking about a very small group of guys that had success in spite of no help from the O-line or a dominant run game. Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, maybe Elway. But the years they had the most success was with competent Oline and RB play.

Then you have guys like Troy Aikman who is a HOF QB solely because of the talent infront of him and Emmitt Smith. It's not a clear cut response. Goff playing poorly with poor O-line and running game is not indicative of him becoming a HOF QB. 

• Like 1