Xbox one console issues

Malfatron

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this xbox one issue, or is it close to death?

Recently, my xbox one has been shutting off, and when i push the power button, it doesnt turn back on. Sometimes it makes the noise when i push the power button, and sometimes not. 

I looked online, and found a technique, which was to unplug the power cord from both the xbox one and the outlet, and let it sit for a few minutes, and then plug everything back in together. This worked for the particular instance.

The bad news is this situation keep happening. 4 times in the last couple weeks.

Is my xbox one dying?

Do i replace the power cord?

Do i use a power strip/not use a power strip?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Could be a power cord issue.  I would at least try that before replacing the whole unit.  

Have you done a hard reset of the box?

Are you currently using a power strip?  Do you live in an old house?  You could buy a nice power strip that might clean up the power coming to it.  

Have you tried plugging the box into other outlets to see if it reacts the same way?

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Could be a power cord issue.  I would at least try that before replacing the whole unit.

That's my suggestion as well.  Go with the cheapest alternatives first, if you have a friend who has those parts I'd suggest using their parts.  I know when I was trying to play some old PS1 games, I replaced everything but the console trying to see if that would fix it.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:07 PM, Crickett said:

Yeah, this is the second time in as many weeks I've heard someone talk about a power brick issue with the Xbox One.  I know the plural of anecdote is not data, but this is giving me second thoughts about buying one.  Hmmm. 

Newer Xbones don't even have power bricks.. If you're buying one shell out the additional money for a One S.

12 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

How long have you had the Xbox One? Might call Microsoft if its still under the 1-year warranty and have them send you a refurbished one.*

* If you go this route, I'd tell you to keep your HDD or back-up your data

I had it for a while. Basically, the Christmas when it first came out

12 hours ago, MathMan said:

I had it for a while. Basically, the Christmas when it first came out

Ahh ok, well then I'd go to somewhere like Lamestop and use one of their power bricks/cords to see if yours is faulty and needs to be replaced. Or just buy one off eBay and try it out.

5 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Ahh ok, well then I'd go to somewhere like Lamestop and use one of their power bricks/cords to see if yours is faulty and needs to be replaced. Or just buy one off eBay and try it out.

Oh, im good now. Gamestop let me use their power brick. That was the issue. I got a new one and it works good now

17 hours ago, MathMan said:

Oh, im good now. Gamestop let me use their power brick. That was the issue. I got a new one and it works good now

Glad you got it patched up, pimp. Now get you a PS4

#consolewars

#beforesomeonegetgoofyrelax

#igotallsystemsandapclol

Archived