Week 2- Lions (0-1) @ Packers (1-0)

Louis Friend

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Clete Blakeman returns for the Packers.

As if week 1 wasn't horrible enough, let's follow it up with the ref who handed the game to Green Bay last season, getting the very same assignment this season. 😒

*Insert predictions here*

They're probably going to call hands to the face on Flowers during the National Anthem. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Clete Blakeman returns for the Packers.

As if week 1 wasn't horrible enough, let's follow it up with the ref who handed the game to Green Bay last season, getting the very same assignment this season. 😒

*Insert predictions here*

I sort of feel like this just a slap in the face by the NFL.  As if we havent always felt like the red headed step child of the league they should do whatever is necessary to make sure this didnt happen but feels like maybe they did all they could to make sure it did happen. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I sort of feel like this just a slap in the face by the NFL.  As if we havent always felt like the red headed step child of the league they should do whatever is necessary to make sure this didnt happen but feels like maybe they did all they could to make sure it did happen. 

It's not that I expected Blakeman to never call another Lions game. But to give him the EXACT same assignment he royally f'ed up just last season seems deliberate. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I know its the NFL and things find a way of being fixed happening unexpectedly, but if the Packers don't put up 40 or more I'll be pretty shocked. I just don't see how the Lions could stop anything they want to do, run or pass

We did have similar sentiments heading into the games last year and should have won both of those games. Crazier things have happened. 

• Like 1

It's not good that the season just started, I was at work for most of game 1...and I'm already just about over things. 

Patricia (and to a lesser extent, Quinn) have really just killed my interest over the last couple of seasons. I have no faith in either one of them to lead us to anything, which is sad because the Lions have some great players that are a lot of fun to watch. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Positive bunch.  

You can beat these guys.  Its not KC.   MN sucked on D last week.  They aren't all that.  

You own these guys without officials getting in the way.

Welcome to Lions-fandom. There should be a PSA in high schools telling kids to talk to their Guidance Counsellors if they cheer for the Lions. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Welcome to Lions-fandom. There should be a PSA in high schools telling kids to talk to their Guidance Counsellors if they cheer for the Lions. 

Losing in week 1 sucks.  Especially to a division rival.  Long time to wait not to get a win.  I know we lost to GB in opener last two years and both times I wanted to vomit all week afterward.     

MN is talking about tanking already too. 

It's week 1.   Wait 6 games then decide.   

If it becomes evident your team isn't good just become a general fan of game and watch other games.   I stopped watching Bears after about 5 games last year.  Couldn't take it.   I went back later and watched most of them.  But not in real time.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Losing in week 1 sucks.  Especially to a division rival.  Long time to wait not to get a win.  I know we lost to GB in opener last two years and both times I wanted to vomit all week afterward.     

If it becomes evident your team isn't good just become a general fan of game and watch other games.   I stopped watching Bears after about 5 games last year.  Couldn't take it.   I went back later and watched most of them.  But not in real time.

I am one of the more optimistic/less beaten down fans in our group. I haven't packed things in just yet. I do try to stay objective and realistic. While I am hoping to see Quinn and Patricia be successful (because I don't see the value in actively cheering against your own team), I will hold them accountable when they say or do things that don't seem to make a lot of sense. Patricia's response to Michael Rothstein was the complete opposite of what he should have said. (If you aren't paying close attention, he essentially said that he knows how to handle 4th quarters and pull out wins because of his Malcolm Butler call as the Patriots DC in the Super Bowl 5 years ago). 

This Lions team needs to show some fight and pull out some wins against good teams over the next couple weeks.

Wk 1 - Chicago - L

Wk 2 - Green Bay

Wk 3 - Arizona

Wk 4 - New Orleans

Wk 5 - BYE

Wk 6 - Jacksonville

Wk 7 - Atlanta

Wk 8 - Indianapolis

Lions have a tough go against the Packers this week with a beaten up secondary; Kyler Murray is looking a lot better already and they added Deandre Hopkins; New Orleans is the first game where we MIGHT get a sneaky win. They're without Michael Thomas now and Brees didn't look 100%. If time is truly catching up to him we might be able to squeeze one out. I'm still not optimistic. Very good chance that we are going into the bye 0-4. 

At best, we can project 3-4 or 4-3 by the trade deadline. More likely looking at 2-5 with wins over Jacksonville and Indianapolis. If the season does go this way (and there aren't anything to indicate that it won't go that way) I do project that Stafford will be on the move. Whether Quinn and Patricia will be fired is hard to say but they should be. 

55 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It is week one...again...and it's been the same outcome since 1955. I somewhat defended, or at least was willing to be patient with this team.  However, I soured over the off season. To me, it seemed like there were glaring holes and they didn't do much to patch them up. Others will disagree with me, and I'm not as negative as some. As for this game with GB, I have no confidence in our DL, or LB. I was suspicious of our CB and still don't know what we have. Now they're gimpy.  I just see it as a bad match up with GB and our weakness plays into their strengths.  I will be surprised if we come out of the first 4 games better than 1-3 and think 0-4 is a very real possibility. I'd love to be wrong though.  Please let me be wrong.

Edited by LionArkie