Week 2- Lions (0-1) @ Packers (1-0)

Louis Friend

39 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I am one of the more optimistic/less beaten down fans in our group. I haven't packed things in just yet. I do try to stay objective and realistic. While I am hoping to see Quinn and Patricia be successful (because I don't see the value in actively cheering against your own team), I will hold them accountable when they say or do things that don't seem to make a lot of sense. Patricia's response to Michael Rothstein was the complete opposite of what he should have said. (If you aren't paying close attention, he essentially said that he knows how to handle 4th quarters and pull out wins because of his Malcolm Butler call as the Patriots DC in the Super Bowl 5 years ago). 

In Patricia's defense (which is hard because he is an ***), doing a presser after a loss sucks.  Just reporters asking you in different ways why you were so stupid.  There is no good answer to give and hard to keep your temper.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

In Patricia's defense (which is hard because he is an ***), doing a presser after a loss sucks.  Just reporters asking you in different ways why you were so stupid.  There is no good answer to give and hard to keep your temper.

I usually will be a bit more understanding than a few of the other folks. Going to have to disagree with you. That was not a professional response and I don't think it was the right response. He's the head coach. He has to be able to keep things in check and respond accordingly. He does deserve credit for his success in New England (some will debate on that) but he isn't in New England and this was several years ago. Rothstein was asking him about his track record in Detroit, which is a fair question. They tied Arizona last year in a game that they gave away... they gave this game away to Chicago. It is a lot more of the same with a lot of the same issues arising. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I usually will be a bit more understanding than a few of the other folks. Going to have to disagree with you. That was not a professional response and I don't think it was the right response. He's the head coach. He has to be able to keep things in check and respond accordingly. He does deserve credit for his success in New England (some will debate on that) but he isn't in New England and this was several years ago. Rothstein was asking him about his track record in Detroit, which is a fair question. They tied Arizona last year in a game that they gave away... they gave this game away to Chicago. It is a lot more of the same with a lot of the same issues arising. 

Why do you always blow big leads?  

How are you supposed to answer that?  

Because I suck at coaching that's why.  Happy?  

Its not an information driven question.   It's just an insult designed to provoke.   I don't blame coaches one bit for lashing out at those.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Its not an information driven question.   It's just an insult designed to provoke.   I don't blame coaches one bit for lashing out at those.

Hes a reporter. It's his job to ask good questions. That was a very good, relevant question.

No easy answer....but he is paid handsomely. That's part of what you sign up for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Losing in week 1 sucks.  Especially to a division rival.  Long time to wait not to get a win.  I know we lost to GB in opener last two years and both times I wanted to vomit all week afterward.     

MN is talking about tanking already too. 

It's week 1.   Wait 6 games then decide.   

If it becomes evident your team isn't good just become a general fan of game and watch other games.   I stopped watching Bears after about 5 games last year.  Couldn't take it.   I went back later and watched most of them.  But not in real time.

Most of us have been paying attention and have been down before the game was played.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

"We struggled with injuries and need to do a better job with coaching and adjusting to them". Is it a perfect answer? No. Is it better than "I made a great call 5 years ago on the Malcolm Butler INT so I don't know why you're asking me about blown leads". 

Yes. Yes it is.

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 2

Logically, Detroit should get beaten soundly. But this is the Lions and they have a history of losing games they should win and winning games they shouldn't. So I wouldn't be surprised by either outcome. The only thing that would surprise me is if Patricia isn't outcoached.

Just for fun, here are PFF scores from week 1. 

SECONDARY

- Harmon: 70.1

- Walker: 67.0

- Harris: 41.9

- Trufant: 45.0

- Coleman: 75.0

- Oruwariye: 64.8

LINEBACKERS

- Davis: 62.0

- Collins: 43.3

- Jones: 65.6

- Tavai: 34.5

DEFENSIVE LINE

- Shelton: 66.4

- N. Williams: 45.7

- Flowers: 82.1

- R. Okwara: 52.5

- J. Okwara: 49.7

- Penisini: 39.3

- Hand: 77.9

16 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I feel like they are blaming Trufant for leaving the game. Because this score does not measure up to what was happening in the game. 

That is a good question. Not 100% sure. They don't release their scoring system and I haven't re-watched any highlights or anything. Not really sure what it is based off of. 

Looking back through the highlight video, Trufant let Robinson have two big receptions with a total of about 47 yards in the first half. He also nearly had an INT, 1 PBU and a big stop on a 3rd down. He didn't let anyone score a TD on him. So I am still puzzled at why it would be so low.