49era place Richard Sherman on IR

49erurtaza

Make or break for Witherspoon. Contract year for him too. 

I read something early on that Sherman spoke with Lynch and co that he still wants to play for 3 more years. Not to say he doesn’t want to play for us, but more if we want him to stick around. I wouldn’t mind at least another year due to the limited DB depth and he can help mold our possible draft choice. 

47 minutes ago, Madridista said:

Absolute nightmare. Piss poor embarrassment on Sunday from the team and now this. Lucky the Jets are up next but with this team's inability to tackle and 2 practice squad corners in Moseley/Witherspoon, it could be ugly

Relax Moseley and Witherspoon are fine

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Make or break for Witherspoon. Contract year for him too. 

I read something early on that Sherman spoke with Lynch and co that he still wants to play for 3 more years. Not to say he doesn’t want to play for us, but more if we want him to stick around. I wouldn’t mind at least another year due to the limited DB depth and he can help mold our possible draft choice. 

I dont think sherman will take a one year deal. Him saying he wants to play 3 more years means he wants a 3 year contract. He has had a major injury before and I dont think he wants to sign something without some guaranteed money in year 2

the guy had a severe injury to his Achilles, and now has a calf injury. Any word on which leg? 

I also wonder when in the game it happened, because he definitely looked better early in the game.

18 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Witherspoon is as hot and cold at corner. Last year prior to his injury he was damn good. After injury his confidence just kept going down down down. I'm not to worried for this game. If he can have a good game he can start stacking good games and get his confidence back. I'm not saying he will be good but I'm hopeful. I think we will still compete for playoff spot with extra playoff spot now available.

Yeah I agree we can compete for that spot but there's a lot of complicating factors: middling QB, injuries to 3 of our top players, brutal schedule, tackling issues. Will we lose this weekend? I really doubt it, but we found ways to lose last weekend (and against KC for that matter) so I can't help but hold my breath these days (though I obviously recognize the talent drop from KC to Arizona to NYJ).

10 minutes ago, Madridista said:

Yeah I agree we can compete for that spot but there's a lot of complicating factors: middling QB, injuries to 3 of our top players, brutal schedule, tackling issues. Will we lose this weekend? I really doubt it, but we found ways to lose last weekend (and against KC for that matter) so I can't help but hold my breath these days (though I obviously recognize the talent drop from KC to Arizona to NYJ).

Not to derail the thread, but I reject the notion that we 'found ways to lose' in the Superbowl. We got beat by a team that looks like a potential dynasty. Chiefs (chris jones) made more plays in the 4th quarter. Sometimes its that simple. 

My phone is blowing up with people telling me our season is over. I hope these guys hear the noise. 

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

Not to derail the thread, but I reject the notion that we 'found ways to lose' in the Superbowl. We got beat by a team that looks like a potential dynasty. Chiefs (chris jones) made more plays in the 4th quarter. Sometimes its that simple. 

My phone is blowing up with people telling me our season is over. I hope these guys hear the noise. 

How much we were up by in the 4th quarter? I don't care who you're playing giving up a 10 point lead in the 4th is not ok. But we can agree to disagree on this

I agree, we HAVE to win at least 5 of the next 6 heading into that Seattle/GB/NO stretch. Very concerned about the offense if Deebo and Kittle both are out at the same time at some point

14 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Potential top 5 pick? Who ya got?

Depends on if we resign Williams, I would have to say the top tackle even though the receiver from LSU is intriguing. It’s still way too early to give up hope though and I don’t think we will finish with a top 5 pick anyways. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

This week is mostly about Williams, tbh. Crowder is a very good receiver, and by far their best, and he's a slot guy. So williams is going to have to bring his A game. 

This will be a problem for the giants if they are fully healthy in week 3. Slayton, Tate, Shepard isn't a joke at the top. 

But their QB is Daniel Jones and he's not ready to take advantage of those guys. If we play smart, aggressive football we shouldn't have a problem getting him rattled and have him make a mistake or two....or three.

3 hours ago, gridirongorilla said:

Potential top 5 pick? Who ya got?

LOL..we're still making the playoffs. Like it isn't even a doubt in my mind.

Like I've said before, its going to be a long weird season. We won't be the only team that gets hit with the injury bug, mark my words. Just glad we're hopefully getting all ours out the way early. 

With no pre-season I just figure guys would get banged when the hitting began. Most of our guys should be back within 4 weeks. We should be hitting our stride by then and be ready to assert ourselves.

Not too worried honestly. I would put Kittle on IR as well. Give him 3 weeks for his knee to feel better. I think we can manufacture enough points the next 3 games to pull out wins w/o him. Let Reed and Dwelley cook for a couple of weeks.

Edited by 757-NINER