Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49era place Richard Sherman on IR

Recommended Posts

And I would like also like to point out this is the exact reason I was against trading Spoon. This won't be the only time our CB depth will come in handy this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our next 4 games are Jets, Giants, Eagles and Dolphins can't think of a better time to be banged up this year. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

LOL..we're still making the playoffs. Like it isn't even a doubt in my mind.

Like I've said before, its going to be a long weird season. We won't be the only team that gets hit with the injury bug, mark my words. Just glad we're hopefully getting all ours out the way early. 

With no pre-season I just figure guys would get banged when the hitting began. Most of our guys should be back within 4 weeks. We should be hitting our stride by then and be ready to assert ourselves.

Not too worried honestly. I would put Kittle on IR as well. Give him 3 weeks for his knee to feel better. I think we can manufacture enough points the next 3 games to pull out wins w/o him. Let Reed and Dwelley cook for a couple of weeks.

.

 

I admire the confidence but it may be a bit much. Reed and Dwelley aren't in Kittle's stratosphere.

I don't think you can look at the schedule and say less than 5 more losses are out there. Obviously 10-6 is fine, but what happens if we blow one or two others that we shouldn't like this past weekend? It's too early to panic but the concerns with this team are very real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Madridista said:

I admire the confidence but it may be a bit much. Reed and Dwelley aren't in Kittle's stratosphere.

I don't think you can look at the schedule and say less than 5 more losses are out there. Obviously 10-6 is fine, but what happens if we blow one or two others that we shouldn't like this past weekend? It's too early to panic but the concerns with this team are very real.

We didn't 'blow' the loss Sunday. Most of us on this forum expected us to split with the Cards this year. Hell, I expected us to split with the entire division. 

We have a issue containing running QBs. We will struggle against teams like the the Cards, Ravens and Hawks. At least until Saleh learns to adapt his gameplan and make guys like Murray beat him from the pocket. So we'll win some of those games and we'll lose some. But there aren't enough of those type of QBs on our slate that I feel we should worry. Dak is mobile but he's not really in realm of Russ or Kyler's in terms of elusiveness and running ability. Cam could be a problem but he's more of the big, strong type of runner. And injuries have slowed him some...he's not the same threat he once was. Other than that, we face pocket passer for the most part. We should be able to affect the game more against those teams defensively than we displayed Sunday.

I predicted we would go 11-5 before the season. The loss Sunday changes nothing....except which game I predicted we would lose to the Cards. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I predicted we would go 11-5 before the season. The loss Sunday changes nothing....except which game I predicted we would lose to the Cards. 

Same here. 11-5 was about what I figured...I have no reason to change that. We lost to a divisional rival who gave us massive fits last year, at home (where we consistently played worse last year). I'm not really worried about the team at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Madridista said:

Moseley has his moments but Witherspoon is a joke. Deebo and Kittle banged up, now this. Couldn't be a worse start to the season. I had us pegged for 11-5 prior to the season but I was already wrong about week 1 and now I just don't feel comfortable with this team at all. All the makings of matching the Rams with their 9-7 Super Bowl hangover season

And the Rams would have made the playoff with the 7th seed playoff structure in place now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

And the Rams would have made the playoff with the 7th seed playoff structure in place now. 

Not to mention is Greg the Leg just makes that FG against seattle. I'm pretty sure they are in last year if that is good. Pretty thin margin for them last year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We didn't 'blow' the loss Sunday. Most of us on this forum expected us to split with the Cards this year. Hell, I expected us to split with the entire division. 

We have a issue containing running QBs. We will struggle against teams like the the Cards, Ravens and Hawks. At least until Saleh learns to adapt his gameplan and make guys like Murray beat him from the pocket. So we'll win some of those games and we'll lose some. But there aren't enough of those type of QBs on our slate that I feel we should worry. Dak is mobile but he's not really in realm of Russ or Kyler's in terms of elusiveness and running ability. Cam could be a problem but he's more of the big, strong type of runner. And injuries have slowed him some...he's not the same threat he once was. Other than that, we face pocket passer for the most part. We should be able to affect the game more against those teams defensively more than we displayed Sunday.

I predicted we would go 11-5 before the season. The loss Sunday changes nothing....except which game I predicted we would lose to the Cards. 

I dont think that is necessarily an issue that just plagues us either, the whole mobile qb thing. Im sure you know this 757, i just think it bears repeating.

Mobile qbs in general are difficult to defend. The reason they hadn't taken over the nfl prior to this was most of the time they hadn't been taught/learned how to throw properly, they were the best athletes on the field once they stepped on it in most cases by a large margin and never had to do anything else. Steve Young talked about in his book if anyone has ever read it. He learned to throw by watching Jim McMahon in college. None of his college or high school coaches tried to teach him, he learned on his own.

Edit: and I will follow that up too by saying in the past 15 to 20 years the passing game has taken an exponential leap in sophistication in lower levels (high school and college) leading to better throwing techniques etc which helps the mobile qbing dynamic as well.

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of us are way too negative after a loss. There are still 15 games to go the Ravens opened 0-2 last year and still ended up going alright. (they won the next 14 games and then did what lamar does best loss in the the playoffs) 

We are going 10-6 at a minimum and at best 12-4 from here. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Some of us are way too negative after a loss. There are still 15 games to go the Ravens opened 0-2 last year and still ended up going alright. (they won the next 14 games and then did what lamar does best loss in the the playoffs) 

We are going 10-6 at a minimum and at best 12-4 from here. 

Preach brother...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Our next 4 games are Jets, Giants, Eagles and Dolphins can't think of a better time to be banged up this year. 

tenor.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...