49ers place Richard Sherman on IR

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Does anyone know how many players can return from IR if I recalled it was 3. Not sure if the are allowing more due to coronavirus this year.

It's unlimited - specifically due to Covid. I think it's two under normal circumstances, but not sure.

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Does anyone know how many players can return from IR if I recalled it was 3. Not sure if the are allowing more due to coronavirus this year.

This is what I found from an ESPN article.

Injured reserve

COVID-19 rule: In 2020, a player going on injured reserve is allowed to return after missing only three weeks, and teams may return an unlimited number of players from injured reserve throughout the year. In a normal year, a player can't return from injured reserve unless he has missed at least six weeks' worth of practice and eight weeks' worth of games, and teams are limited to two players per year that they can return from injured reserve.

This year, a player on injured reserve can return to practice after three weeks. Once a team activates a player from injured reserve, it has 21 days to return him to the active roster. Reserve/COVID-19 is separate than injured reserve. Players on that list may return whenever they clear the testing protocol.

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Hamstrings and soft tissue injuries I would expect to be fairly merciless in the early going. 

If it's anything like Whitney Mercilius, it means it's non-existent until you start cutting them checks...

Man, he's such a bad player now.

• Like 1