Bianconero

2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Even with SF injuries I still think they make easy work of us. Crowder will have to do double what he did last week for us to have a chance.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Even with SF injuries I still think they make easy work of us. Crowder will have to do double what he did last week for us to have a chance.

Do you get angry watching this team even with your low expectations. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Do you get angry watching this team even with your low expectations. 

No. Bc I have low expectations with our roster each year. So It's been an extremely long time since I thought we had a playoff team. I find it more laughable when we just look awful. I still love to evaluate our players and see who has flashes and might actually be valuable pieces even when we are awful.

Also Fantasy Football keeps me sane from just drowning in how bad we are.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

No. Bc I have low expectations with our roster each year. So It's been an extremely long time since I thought we had a playoff team. I find it more laughable when we just look awful. I still love to evaluate our players and see who has flashes and might actually be valuable pieces even when we are awful.

Also Fantasy Football keeps me sane from just drowning in how bad we are.

Makes sense, I'm one of the more optimistic fans but I dont get angry, just sad. 

We are in the Rich Kotite years, get ready for a terrible season. Our roster is pathetic at WR, RB, CB, EDge rusher, LBer, interior OL. 

People who are like "draft a QB", screw that. I am hoping that we can land a dominant edge rusher with our top 3 pick we are going to get, a stud edge rusher changes a defense. Then with our 2nd 1st rounder get a WR, RB, OG, C, CB. 

We need to build a better team before we think about QB and pray that our next HC can turn Darnold around. No QB has been put in worst situations than Darnold. He has never had a run game, he has had mediocre protection to terrible. He has garbage WRs and a terrible coach. 

Lets throw our Perriman and Hogan as starting WRs then complain that our passing attack isn't great. And still have zero run game. 

Edited by NYJets4716

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The passing issues are definitely compounded by the fact that we have zero running game at all

But we have Edgerrin James at RB.... oh wait I mean Frank Gore.

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The passing issues are definitely compounded by the fact that we have zero running game at all

Its everything, bro

You watch literally every other team and their QB stands straight in the pocket and reads the field

You watch us and everyone is jumbled into a ball on the screen and Sam is running backwards throwing off his back foot into the dirt

Its not even the same sport

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

We need to build a better team before we think about QB and pray that our next HC can turn Darnold around. No QB has been put in worst situations than Darnold. He has never had a run game, he has had mediocre protection to terrible. He has garbage WRs and a terrible coach. 

I theory I agree, but if we have the opportunity to draft Trevor next year, we need to get him.  This is, of course, if JD thinks Sam is not the guy AND we get rid of Gase and his minion.  Normally, I would say build the OL, get a couple of weapons then get your QB.  But Lawrence is considered an Andrew Luck type prospect.  I am not sure if there are any great prospects in 2022.  Hell, bring in Fitzpatrick or Brisset to take the punishment if our OL does not get better this year.  We could even keep Sam in there for 2021 and improve his trade value before the deadline.  We can upgrade at OG via FA (Thuney?) and possibly EDGE (Dupree and Judon).  Maybe get a good WR in FA depending on cost.

The point is it will make our transition to a contending team quicker, than hoping for a good QB prospect in 2022.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Makes sense, I'm one of the more optimistic fans but I dont get angry, just sad. 

I feel the same way, no more throwing the clicker yelling at the dog, just feel sad that it looks like another year,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Becton practices lightly due to knee issue from first game.

Ya for carrying the team.

• Like 1