2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Bianconero

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

So letting them simply run a 9 route ONCE or twice to target them is a challenge? Seriously. Simply just taking a shot and giving them a chance to spread the defense or even make the defense believe they are willing to go deep is something we couldn't do? Bosa, Ford, and others were gone and still didn't try? Nah. You have a fair point with GW but not attempting to spread the ball or even designing legit plays for your TE's with a stripped WR core is trash play calling. He folded and didn't bother giving guys a shot even when we had nothing to lose. 

What are the 49ers principles defensively on the outside. DO NOT GET BEAT DEEP. 

What's designing a "legit play" Idk what a "legit play" is. 

This isn't a vertical offense and telling Berrios to go beat someone deep is as y'all say bad playcalling. I dont have answers personally, I really dont know what the solution could have been today. What advantage did we have offensive over their defense?

Edited by KingOfNewYork

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What's the coaching issue? Specifically.

Playcalling and/or execution. Example 4th and 1 run. GVR misses Warner and we dont convert. Bad play call or bad execution?

3 scores down FG is a bad call, have to go for the TD. 

What else? Specifically. 

I did like trying to set the tone with the run game and Gore showed that Bell is the larger issue with the running game mostly. He hit the holes hard and fast but he's old so he can only do so much. 

Tackling is an issue, I said their backs would kill our Linebackers. Secondary is playing too soft.

All these problems we have all go back to one person MACC,  i  an no Gase, fan by any stretch of  of the imagination, our roster is still to thin. JD did the best he could do in his first offseason. Our LB's on the current roster are second rate, the WR position is a joke, and our defensive backfield has problems. The only bright area is the O line for the first two games they did QK. And nobody on this roster can rush the QB. I sure looks like a lot of people on this board are taking the frustrations out on the wrong person the evil empire was MACC, and the two trust fun kids Chris & Woody.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

All these problems we have all go back to one person MACC,  i  an no Gase, fan by any stretch of  of the imagination, our roster is still to thin. JD did the best he could do in his first offseason. Our LB's on the current roster are second rate, the WR position is a joke, and our defensive backfield has problems. The only bright area is the O line for the first two games they did QK. And nobody on this roster can rush the QB. I sure looks like a lot of people on this board are taking the frustrations out on the wrong person the evil empire was MACC, and the two trust fun kids Chris & Woody.

Macc, Idzik and Tanny. It finally caught up to us. A lot of posters on here talk about the lack of talent and then disregard it on gameday. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Whether we get better or not, we have to be active in FA. Get one of the WRs and one of the edge rushers. Pay up.

I don’t think anything we do changes that strategy. I don’t see a change in strategy. Only thing that’ll happen is we fire the coaching staff.

But we will be looking at QB regardless of what happens.

We’ve said that time and time again but we never actually do it. 

Weve needed a pass rusher for years and have never done anything about it. We’ve lacked offensive firepower for years and done **** all. 
The absolute bollocks on here every offseason drives me insane too. Clowney becomes available but yet we want to hang out hat on Basham. Absolute farce. You could go on and on. 

Drafted a back up qb when there was actual offensive playmakers available. Honestly you could write a book about just how much of a joke shop we are. 

As a franchise we are okay with being losers. There’s always next year mentality. It’s that simple. I’d rather try everything imaginable to put a winning product on the field. 

Sign Clowney, trade for OBJ, trade Jamal away ‘before’ the draft and get a stud wr like Lamb. Moves like that would get people on here pissed but at least it would show some initiative and some balls. 

Instead we are ******* from top to bottom more than content being the doormats of the league. 

But don’t worry; we are the 6th most valuable franchise at a whopping $3.5b. Making the Johnson’s roughly $500m a year. That’s being the ****ty team we are. Why the hell would they care!! Money talks at the end of the day and they could give a **** about the team. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What are the 49ers principles defensively on the outside. DO NOT GET BEAT DEEP. 

What's designing a "legit play" Idk what a "legit play" is. 

This isn't a vertical offense and telling Berrios to go beat someone deep in as y'all say bad playcalling. I dont have answers personally, I really dont know what the solution could have been today. What advantage did we have offensive over their defense?

Every defense has principles. But screw it, don't test anyone. Stay in the box. Don't even try to draw up something the defense hasn't seen before. Just stay limited so the defense doesn't have to think and pray. Cool. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

MIght as well run the wildcat while we're at it. 49ers have a disciplined defense, I had no faith in Malone and Berrios beating them Hogan did well until he went out. We were just outmatched, outcoached and out executed. It's really simple.

The difference being, everything I mentioned you see teams do on a routine basis. You just saw Shanahan put up 31 points without key contributors by utilizing such concepts. This isn't groundbreaking stuff, throw an extra wrinkle on an inside zone to freeze the LB. Get Sam on the move with rollouts/RPO. Don't ignore arguably your two best receiving options (Herndon/Griffin), because they don't fit your typical approach.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

The difference being, everything I mentioned you see teams do on a routine basis. You just saw Shanahan put up 31 points without key contributors by utilizing such concepts. This isn't groundbreaking stuff, throw an extra wrinkle on an inside zone to freeze the LB. Get Sam on the move with rollouts/RPO. Don't ignore arguably your two best receiving options (Herndon/Griffin), because they don't fit your typical approach.  

Shanahan stuck to his offense and and we were actually stopping them then they gave up a 3rd and 31 and Gregg went soft again defensively and stopped blitzing. We should have been attacking a limp Jimmy G and Mullens, we didn't. 

He does have to use Herndon and Griffin more. Agreed.