2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Bianconero

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You’re a mod. Do I have to report you? Lol. 

But since you’re a football savant tell me exactly what you saw? No hyperbole, no empty statements. Actual football stuff.

I saw incredibly  weak play calling. Yes personnel is a HUGE issue. But it’s also very clear there’s a HUGE coaching issue as well. Honesty the only positives to today we’re good Ot play again and Q looked good. Everything else from FO to players was awful.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

The fact that no one is holding Gregg Williams just as accountable is funny to me. 

Despite him having no talent, your team should still be able to tackle and not give up 50 yard runs on 3rd and 31. Soft on defense and couldn't even stop the 49ers with their 9 injured offensive players out.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

FYI we finished today’s game with 2 WRs in Berrios and Malone. That’s it. 2 WRs that would be on the street if it wasn’t for us.

What's incredible is that our game plan didn't feature either TE. I can't for the life of me understand the thought process there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The fact that no one is holding Gregg Williams just as accountable is funny to me. 

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

I cannot believe how poorly this team tackles. I thought Greg Williams was atleast supposed to be a good defensive coach,

Missed tackles killed us in this game. We got lucky that they had a 70 yard run taken away by a penalty and still got gashed for an 80 yards and a 50 yarder. Not only that but there were numerous plays where San Fran was able to get additional yards including first downs and a touchdown because defenders simply didn't wrap up. There were plenty of issues on defense, but ultimately the offense accounted for like 103 yards passing prior to the final drive of the game. FAR too many times the gameplan seemed to be complete a 1 yard pass and hope the receiver can make people miss, which, they can't because they are all talentless. Being unwilling to attack any part of the field beyond 5 yards just makes running that much harder too, because the whole defense can collapse downward.

My only brightspots for this game were that Q got two sacks, our punter looked good and Sam didn't throw a pick or fumble the ball. Perine looked good too, but for whatever reason we decided that it would be better to give the ball to Ballage and Gore so it washes out.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I saw incredibly  weak play calling. Yes personnel is a HUGE issue. But it’s also very clear there’s a HUGE coaching issue as well. Honesty the only positives to today we’re good Ot play again and Q looked good. Everything else from FO to players was awful.

What's the coaching issue? Specifically.

Playcalling and/or execution. Example 4th and 1 run. GVR misses Warner and we dont convert. Bad play call or bad execution?

3 scores down FG is a bad call, have to go for the TD. 

What else? Specifically. 

I did like trying to set the tone with the run game and Gore showed that Bell is the larger issue with the running game mostly. He hit the holes hard and fast but he's old so he can only do so much. 

Tackling is an issue, I said their backs would kill our Linebackers. Secondary is playing too soft.