Jump to content
Bianconero

2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Get Cager in there if Crowder is out at least he has some size.

Agreed. But is he still battling an injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We really needed another WR in that 4th round. The Morgan pick looks bad considering we could have had Rosen for free and another WR prospect in a thin group. Not to mention Morgan isnt even active lol. Rookie GM mistake.

I dont think anyone could have assumed V. Smith, J. Smith, Cager, Crowder would all go down and Doctson would opt out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I dont think anyone could have assumed V. Smith, J. Smith, Cager, Crowder would all go down and Doctson would opt out.

Crowder being the only one that is at a "good" level. The rest quite frankly are just bodies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Crowder being the only one that is at a "good" level. The rest quite frankly are just bodies.

True but wouldn’t a 4th round receiver be just a body as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crowder out?   Jesus!   Herndon and Perriman HAVE TO step up immediately.   I really hate that Jets is the part of someone's struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

True but wouldn’t a 4th round receiver be just a body as well?

we all pretty much screamed for another WR in this draft. im a big JD guy, but that was the one true criticism i had on his draft to be honest.

to your point...maybe, but at least with upside. receivers get drafted all over the place and carve out great careers. the giants found a stud in slayton on day 3. why not us? actually dont answer that lol. youre right though, impossible to foresee the injuries but my god is it frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ekill08x said:

we all pretty much screamed for another WR in this draft. im a big JD guy, but that was the one true criticism i had on his draft to be honest.

to your point...maybe, but at least with upside. receivers get drafted all over the place and carve out great careers. the giants found a stud in slayton on day 3. why not us? actually dont answer that lol. youre right though, impossible to foresee the injuries but my god is it frustrating.

How do you know that 2 WRs Jets would draft in first 3 round won't practice most of time due to injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We really needed another WR in that 4th round. The Morgan pick looks bad considering we could have had Rosen for free and another WR prospect in a thin group. Not to mention Morgan isnt even active lol. Rookie GM mistake.

Maybe that's his way of saying he doesn't think Sam is the guy by having a QB to groom and throw out there if Sam completely crashes and burns.

I agree though should have gone WR there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I am not ready to declare that Morgan is the right qb for JD I like him.   I think Morgan is someone JD likes to stash inside for next year or so. Still 4th round is a tad higher for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Maybe that's his way of saying he doesn't think Sam is the guy by having a QB to groom and throw out there if Sam completely crashes and burns.

I agree though should have gone WR there.

I feel like we are getting a lot of "he doesnt think Sam is the guy" clues but honestly, if youre Joe Douglas and you come in here after Gase is hired to develop Sam and you take a 6 year deal that you insisted on, how do you NOT think hes the guy? Why take this job then? Same for Gase. Like Sam was pretty good last year under pretty awful circumstances. Why are we not trying to give him the best chance to succeed? We cannot be this inept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off the topic, is Fudotv any good?  I plan to try it out for free trail to see if I can watch Jets game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I feel like we are getting a lot of "he doesnt think Sam is the guy" clues but honestly, if youre Joe Douglas and you come in here after Gase is hired to develop Sam and you take a 6 year deal that you insisted on, how do you NOT think hes the guy? Why take this job then? Same for Gase. Like Sam was pretty good last year under pretty awful circumstances. Why are we not trying to give him the best chance to succeed? We cannot be this inept. 

Damn we do miss Jetskid007.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how trade talks when before/during the draft but not trading Jamal to the Cowboys for CD could end up being a big mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...