2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Bianconero

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We really needed another WR in that 4th round. The Morgan pick looks bad considering we could have had Rosen for free and another WR prospect in a thin group. Not to mention Morgan isnt even active lol. Rookie GM mistake.

I dont think anyone could have assumed V. Smith, J. Smith, Cager, Crowder would all go down and Doctson would opt out.

19 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

True but wouldn’t a 4th round receiver be just a body as well?

we all pretty much screamed for another WR in this draft. im a big JD guy, but that was the one true criticism i had on his draft to be honest.

to your point...maybe, but at least with upside. receivers get drafted all over the place and carve out great careers. the giants found a stud in slayton on day 3. why not us? actually dont answer that lol. youre right though, impossible to foresee the injuries but my god is it frustrating.

Just now, ekill08x said:

we all pretty much screamed for another WR in this draft. im a big JD guy, but that was the one true criticism i had on his draft to be honest.

to your point...maybe, but at least with upside. receivers get drafted all over the place and carve out great careers. the giants found a stud in slayton on day 3. why not us? actually dont answer that lol. youre right though, impossible to foresee the injuries but my god is it frustrating.

How do you know that 2 WRs Jets would draft in first 3 round won't practice most of time due to injury?

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We really needed another WR in that 4th round. The Morgan pick looks bad considering we could have had Rosen for free and another WR prospect in a thin group. Not to mention Morgan isnt even active lol. Rookie GM mistake.

Maybe that's his way of saying he doesn't think Sam is the guy by having a QB to groom and throw out there if Sam completely crashes and burns.

I agree though should have gone WR there.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Maybe that's his way of saying he doesn't think Sam is the guy by having a QB to groom and throw out there if Sam completely crashes and burns.

I agree though should have gone WR there.

I feel like we are getting a lot of "he doesnt think Sam is the guy" clues but honestly, if youre Joe Douglas and you come in here after Gase is hired to develop Sam and you take a 6 year deal that you insisted on, how do you NOT think hes the guy? Why take this job then? Same for Gase. Like Sam was pretty good last year under pretty awful circumstances. Why are we not trying to give him the best chance to succeed? We cannot be this inept. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I feel like we are getting a lot of "he doesnt think Sam is the guy" clues but honestly, if youre Joe Douglas and you come in here after Gase is hired to develop Sam and you take a 6 year deal that you insisted on, how do you NOT think hes the guy? Why take this job then? Same for Gase. Like Sam was pretty good last year under pretty awful circumstances. Why are we not trying to give him the best chance to succeed? We cannot be this inept. 

Damn we do miss Jetskid007.

• Like 1