2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Macc, Idzik and Tanny. It finally caught up to us. A lot of posters on here talk about the lack of talent and then disregard it on gameday. 

Problem is when there’s viable avenues to make the team better we haven’t done it. 

We had arguably one of the worst offensive skill set position players in the league last year. This offseason our GM allowed our best playmaker to leave while signing a flop who had a few decent games when Jameis was throwing on every play and bumped his numbers up. We drafted Mims in the second round which hopefully gives us something but currently we have Chris Hogan and a Braxton Barrios as our starters. 

I get your point about the failed GM’s but so many know it alls on here absolute arse lick each GM every year (just like this year) and then try to defend them when we get blown out with SF having a team of backups in. 

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

What if GW isn't a magician and Adams had that much of an impact on the defense.

Really?! Wasn’t like he was an all pro or anything! Should of paid that man what he wanted. Only free agents we will entice next year will be ones we pay heavy on. Instead of ‘one’ homegrown star we’ve actually hit on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Problem is when there’s viable avenues to make the team better we haven’t done it. 

We had arguably one of the worst offensive skill set position players in the league last year. This offseason our GM allowed our best playmaker to leave while signing a flop who had a few decent games when Jameis was throwing on every play and bumped his numbers up. We drafted Mims in the second round which hopefully gives us something but currently we have Chris Hogan and a Braxton Barrios as our starters. 

I get your point about the failed GM’s but so many know it alls on here absolute arse lick each GM every year (just like this year) and then try to defend them when we get blown out with SF having a team of backups in. 

It's an organizational things, year after year we compound our problems and do not address them. Every offseason we should at least address an area of weakness so it doesn't continue to hurt us. We haven't done that at all. OL looks decent but still needs work.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Like the end around?

Doesn't work against a defense that doesn't have to worry about you even throwing the ball outside the numbers or even to a TE. But I won't go back and forth on this. I respect you're sticking with him, but I never seen it in him. At the end of the day, he's not going to last and the Franchise needs to find the right guy. 

I will say the O line is better overall than its been. The tackles and center played well. The guards not so much. Darnold has some serious issues in his mechanics and delivery. The garbage time TD does nothing for me. Weve scored a single TD with the game still undecided this year. Two of the scrub weapons were out there making plays and getting open and we only throw the ball 5 yards a clip. Also that 38 year old back runs harder and more effective than Lev Bell has. Collect as much cap and draft assets as you can and continue to turn this team over with athletes. We have very little talent and the talent we do seems to give a lack luster effort. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Doesn't work against a defense that doesn't have to worry about you even throwing the ball outside the numbers or even to a TE. But I won't go back and forth on this. I respect you're sticking with him, but I never seen it in him. At the end of the day, he's not going to last and the Franchise needs to find the right guy. 

The end around worked lol

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

It's an organizational things, year after year we compound our problems and do not address them. Every offseason we should at least address an area of weakness so it doesn't continue to hurt us. We haven't done that at all. OL looks decent but still needs work.

Rome wasn’t built in a day but people don’t seem to understand that the way to improve this team starts with recruitment! That’s both in FA and through the draft. 
No stone should be unturned and every resource accounted for. How much cap room do we have?! Imo we shouldn’t have much.

Spend every penny to put a product on the field capable of winning. I’m not saying I’m long contracts and we would of course need to stay money fluid but you get my point. Guys like Clowney and Griffin could of been signed on one year deals. Both would of impacted our pass rush massively. Instead that money is nestled away over at Johnson and Johnson’s! 😎

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Rome wasn’t built in a day but people don’t seem to understand that the way to improve this team starts with recruitment! That’s both in FA and through the draft. 
No stone should be unturned and every resource accounted for. How much cap room do we have?! Imo we shouldn’t have much.

Spend every penny to put a product on the field capable of winning. I’m not saying I’m long contracts and we would of course need to stay money fluid but you get my point. Guys like Clowney and Griffin could of been signed on one year deals. Both would of impacted our pass rush massively. Instead that money is nestled away over at Johnson and Johnson’s! 😎

The way to win now is with skill. It’s no longer in the trenches. The Nfl has catered to this. We haven’t adjusted plain and simple. We seem to think building DO and OL can win. When it doesn’t anymore. 

I told you our defense is terrible without Adams,  he was elite.  

This is a 1-15 football team, maybe 3-13. Gase needs to be fired. 

Perrine should get looks not 37 year old Gore.

Our wrs are pathetic  

Becton is a monster 

Edited by NYJets4716

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I feel like Sam will win some games and you guys get 5 wins.

probably,  we are a really bad team everywhere. 

Its sad seeing a qb as talented as Darnold get put in as bad of situations as he does.

How are Hogan and Berrios starting wrs?. 

This team is really bad and I think they went chesp because of coronavirus. 

I guarantee the Jets get a top 3 pick.  We have the worst roster in football easily.

Edited by NYJets4716

We have a talent issue. I’m watching these other teams and it’s clear our skilled players on both sides are not starters.

I think JD did a good job with the OL. Becton looks like the real deal. Maybe we need to upgrade RG. But the foundation is there. We also have Clark who could possibly take over at RG.

Next year we have got to go full ARIZONA on our offensive skill players. Get someone like Juju and then go Chase with our top 3 pick.

We can’t keep putting QBs in such a bad situation.