2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We have a talent issue. I’m watching these other teams and it’s clear our skilled players on both sides are not starters.

I think JD did a good job with the OL. Becton looks like the real deal. Maybe we need to upgrade RG. But the foundation is there. We also have Clark who could possibly take over at RG.

Next year we have got to go full ARIZONA on our offensive skill players. Get someone like Juju and then go Chase with our top 3 pick.

We can’t keep putting QBs in such a bad situation.

Some team is going to over draft Chase and they are going to regret it and I pray its not us. The more film I watch the less impressed with him I am. He has massive bust written all over him IMO.

35 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We have a talent issue. I’m watching these other teams and it’s clear our skilled players on both sides are not starters.

I think JD did a good job with the OL. Becton looks like the real deal. Maybe we need to upgrade RG. But the foundation is there. We also have Clark who could possibly take over at RG.

Next year we have got to go full ARIZONA on our offensive skill players. Get someone like Juju and then go Chase with our top 3 pick.

We can’t keep putting QBs in such a bad situation.

That's why i don't want to discuss qb tbh.  I rather prevent this from happening again. We need talent!!! The ol is better now, but we need wrs,  rb, and defense we have holes everywhere. 

We are a bad team.  Please Fire Gase though. 

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

I get your point about the failed GM’s but so many know it alls on here absolute arse lick each GM every year (just like this year) and then try to defend them when we get blown out with SF having a team of backups in. 

This is really the key point

Ive been here for too long to have ro watch 90% of the posters arse lick Idzik hes got a plan and big mac hes got a plan...

No, these dudes never had a plan. Idzik whiffed on nearly every pick and gutted the roster. Little Mac couldnt hit on one draft pick not in the first round. The writing was on the wall for those dudes.

8 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

This is really the key point

Ive been here for too long to have ro watch 90% of the posters arse lick Idzik hes got a plan and big mac hes got a plan...

No, these dudes never had a plan. Idzik whiffed on nearly every pick and gutted the roster. Little Mac couldnt hit on one draft pick not in the first round. The writing was on the wall for those dudes.

They had plans, they just sucked/didn't work.

This game was just plan ugly. We need to take the blue print of the Cards. The Cards made the move to go from Rosen to Murray which a lot of people did not like. I for one liked the move. I NEVER saw Rosen as a starting QB. I'm starting to think that Sam is not a starting QB in this league too. If we have the number 1 pick you take Trevor Lawrence. He is the best QB prospect in a long time. If you can snag a 2nd round pick for Sam you do it. I just really hope this year is the blow up year and start fresh. Get ride of Darnold, Gase and let JD pick his QB HC combo. I hope we do pick 1 and we get Lawrence and pair him with Jim Harbaugh. I'm sorry but Greg Williams needs to go too. His D sucks. They let the terrible O of the 49ers kill them. The 49ers had no weapons that game at WR and TE. So you know they are going to run heavy and what happens. 80 yard run for a score. 

The whole team sucks. We can't buy an incomplete pass on defense, and we pretty much managed to lose this game on the first play of the day. But to make it better, we then proceeded to get embarrassed by increasingly became a team of second stringers. We legitimately would have lost if they never threw a single pass.

Offenses that looked better than ours this week were led by such studs as: Nick Mullens, Jeff Driskel, Ryan Fitzpatrick (obviously), Joe Burrow in his second NFL game, and Justin Herbert in his first. Our best "offensive" play until garbage time was probably a 32 yard kick return.

Man JD must fire Gase NOW!!!! I would then move Hines Ward to HC. I would hope that Ward with his strong emotions might have a chance to turn it around. I would then tell Sam you better start to play better or Morgan is going to have your job. I would then put a lot of these guys on notice that they will be replaced if they can't perform. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This game was just plan ugly. We need to take the blue print of the Cards. The Cards made the move to go from Rosen to Murray which a lot of people did not like. I for one liked the move. I NEVER saw Rosen as a starting QB. I'm starting to think that Sam is not a starting QB in this league too. If we have the number 1 pick you take Trevor Lawrence. He is the best QB prospect in a long time. If you can snag a 2nd round pick for Sam you do it. I just really hope this year is the blow up year and start fresh. Get ride of Darnold, Gase and let JD pick his QB HC combo. I hope we do pick 1 and we get Lawrence and pair him with Jim Harbaugh. I'm sorry but Greg Williams needs to go too. His D sucks. They let the terrible O of the 49ers kill them. The 49ers had no weapons that game at WR and TE. So you know they are going to run heavy and what happens. 80 yard run for a score. 

With the right teams both Darnold & Rosen would be fine, right now no QB would be any good with offensive roster we have. It is probably the worst offensive roster in our history. Even in our first year in 1964 we had the best one two punch in the NFL at wide receiver in Art Powell & Don Maynard, and that was with a so so QB in **** Woods.

What is it with all the stars in Woods first  name  i didn't do that .  His first name was ****, His first name was the same as the famous comic sheet detective Tracy

Edited by doumeyer

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Whoa whoa whoa! Terrible O? Sure we were missing Kittle and Deebo, but the offense is far from terrible. Great coaching mind plus Jimmy G/Mostert/Reed is enough to put up a good amount of points against non-elite defenses. When healthy, this is a top 5-7 offense in the league. Without Kittle/Deebo, they are probably in the 12-14 range. 

But yes, the defense didn't have a good game, though the run defense was pretty impressive. Sure there were two big runs by Mostert and McKinnon, but overall the run defense was up to par. Of course, you can't ignore those two bigs as they accounted for 130+ yards and led to 10 points. Not having consistent edge rush hurts, but the DL hit Jimmy G on damn near every dropback in the first half. Even got to Mullens a few times. 

Offensively though? You guys are probably the worst in the league. Limited weapons and Gase is just bad. Not even sure what to think of Darnold at this point, he may be mentally broken.

Oh well, you can end up with Trevor Lawrence and a better coaching staff next offseason. Things then can change quickly, especially after you add an edge rusher. 

Good luck! 

59 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

If you put Trevor Lawrence on this team he'd be awful too. He's used to great talent around him. We are pathetic. 

Maybe but we wouldnt just draft Lawrence and that be the end of the offseason. At the very least though he can set his feet and throw something that Darnold is having difficult with. 

I dont even want it to come to a new QB but Darnold has some serious red flags in has mechanics right now and there is cause for concern. Its not just Gase or the lack of talent. Its his inability to repeat his footwork and mechanics to delivery clean throws. I am not a Gase guy...and I think the talent on this team is maybe the worst in football...but there have been plays to be made and we arent making them. Jets twitter celebrated a garbage time TD from Darnold and the fact it brought his passer rating to a whopping 90. Is this how bad its gotten? We havent been in any of the first two games from the first drive. 

I think the Jets need to get rid of Gase after Denver if we start 0-4. It would be a long week for an intern to take over. Hopefully by then they get more guys back on offense and we can really see what we have here without making excuses and celebrating less than mediocrity. If we continue to perform like we arent an NFL offense than that decision in the top 3 is going to be easy. This is a new low. THis is even worse than the Luke Falk led offenses...it has to be better

19 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

That's why I'd consider going with the dominant edge rusher with our 1st pick, then add other skills with our other picks. 

If we are in the top 3 we maybe looking at a QB.  If we are in the top 10 we should probably look at an OL or a WR unless the value is too good to pass up we should not be looking at anything on the defensive side until we can trot out a NFL caliber offense.