2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Bianconero

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

If we are in the top 3 we maybe looking at a QB.  If we are in the top 10 we should probably look at an OL or a WR unless the value is too good to pass up we should not be looking at anything on the defensive side until we can trot out a NFL caliber offense.

I disagree,  dominant edge rushers are too valuable.  We are pathetic everywhere .

We have tons of needs

12 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lmao what a joke 

Your are right it really is a joke, if it wasn't for garbage time he wouldn't have 150 passing. Young qb's all over the league are putting up big numbers, and all we see from Darnold is a dink & dunk offensive. We have no TE game, at all the passes to TE are five yards. They said Darnold was the six highest rated QB in week two,  all I can say is what +++++++ game where they watching?

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I disagree,  dominant edge rushers are too valuable.  We are pathetic everywhere .

We have tons of needs

I agree but it would have to be a no brainier decision to go defense over offense.  We need to develop a franchise QB first a foremost.  Until we do it won't matter if we draft the next Kahlil Mack we will still have Mitch Trubisky at QB and not win crap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I agree but it would have to be a no brainier decision to go defense over offense.  We need to develop a franchise QB first a foremost.  Until we do it won't matter if we draft the next Kahlil Mack we will still have Mitch Trubisky at QB and not win crap.

100% agree. You have to have the QB before anything else. Sam Darnold his hanging by a string too see if he is the guy. He needs to wake up and start throwing the ball deep no matter what Gase calls. He is on the field not Gase. I think the team would follow Sam much more than they would with Gase. 

29 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

100% agree. You have to have the QB before anything else. Sam Darnold his hanging by a string too see if he is the guy. He needs to wake up and start throwing the ball deep no matter what Gase calls. He is on the field not Gase. I think the team would follow Sam much more than they would with Gase. 

I would agree with that.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Having Sam take matters into his own hands would be bad:

1. Gase would go ballistic and bench him.  He would whine to JD to move him (he's done it before).
  2. Gase now has yet another excuse to point to as to why we suck and Crissy is just stupid enough to believe it.
  3. Sam just does not have that in him.  He will do as he is told.
  4. If Sam could be talked into it, he would be hurting his chances with almost any other team.  He would be considered a malcontent without the resume to overlook such acts.

In the end, we would still suck, Gase has another pathetic excuse, and Sam may very well be done here in NY for acts of insubordination.  There are no winners in this scenario.

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

Having Sam take matters into his own hands would be bad:

1. Gase would go ballistic and bench him.  He would whine to JD to move him (he's done it before).
  2. Gase now has yet another excuse to point to as to why we suck and Crissy is just stupid enough to believe it.
  3. Sam just does not have that in him.  He will do as he is told.
  4. If Sam could be talked into it, he would be hurting his chances with almost any other team.  He would be considered a malcontent without the resume to overlook such acts.

In the end, we would still suck, Gase has another pathetic excuse, and Sam may very well be done here in NY for acts of insubordination.  There are no winners in this scenario.

I don't know. From the reports that have been coming out is sounds like a lot of players where on Adams side when he threw Gase under the bus. Did you notice in week 1 when Adams trolled the jets about Gase. No one player came out to protect him or back Gase up. Remember this is week 1 when this went down. I see the opposite. I think if Sam stepped up and did this and did well and won some games his teams would be behind him and leave Gase behind causing JD to cut Gase lose. In the end you are right about one thing. Sam does not have that in him to go against his coach. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't know. From the reports that have been coming out is sounds like a lot of players where on Adams side when he threw Gase under the bus. Did you notice in week 1 when Adams trolled the jets about Gase. No one player came out to protect him or back Gase up. Remember this is week 1 when this went down. I see the opposite. I think if Sam stepped up and did this and did well and won some games his teams would be behind him and leave Gase behind causing JD to cut Gase lose. In the end you are right about one thing. Sam does not have that in him to go against his coach. 

The players have nothing to do with the possible outcome in such a scenario, neither do we as fans.  Management in any business hates insubordination.  In the NFL players get a way with it a little more depending on their talent.  Sam is not at that talent level and JD may very well be forced (if he even needs to forced) to have a long unfriendly chat with Sam - strike one.  There may not be a strike two.

I am not saying Sam would be let go or even traded, but a benching for a game or two would be the most likely result.  And again, gase (not capitalizing his name anymore) would have another excuse to complain to Crissy about.

In the end no one wins.