2020: Week 2 - v San Francisco 49ers

Bianconero

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Was that even on the table?

I don't know about leading up to the draft but I thought Dallas offered a 1st and 2nd before the deadline.  It's been a while I don't remember when things were discussed. But if Jamal was on his way out we could have used a pick sooner rather than later to help Sam.  Either way we needed a legit LT and WR.  If Becton didn't make it to us and we drafted Lamb we would still need a LT.

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I don't know about leading up to the draft but I thought Dallas offered a 1st and 2nd before the deadline.  It's been a while I don't remember when things were discussed. But if Jamal was on his way out we could have used a pick sooner rather than later to help Sam.  Either way we needed a legit LT and WR.  If Becton didn't make it to us and we drafted Lamb we would still need a LT.

Cowboys made zero offer for Jamal Adams last off season and during the last draft.  Cowboys were thrilled to see Lamb fallen to them. 

Jets got more value return from Seahawks than Cowboys' deadline offer so we won't rule it a mistake for now.

Edited by JetsandI

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

True but wouldn’t a 4th round receiver be just a body as well?

More than likely. But takeaway it’s investing assets at a position of need. Make a trade. Do something. It’s embarrassing to have the names we will have this week starting at WR.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

More than likely. But takeaway it’s investing assets at a position of need. Make a trade. Do something. It’s embarrassing to have the names we will have this week starting at WR.

Trade for who? 

I get criticizing him for not going after Clowney for example because he was available and the only issue was money but like he cant just make a trade because he wants to. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Trade for who? 

I get criticizing him for not going after Clowney for example because he was available and the only issue was money but like he cant just make a trade because he wants to. 

We have 2 1st, 2nd, 2 3rds and like 40mill in cap space. There’s every avenue to make a trade. Call all 31 teams and ask. Nearly every player is available for the right price.

Do something to help Sam out. If not he will be ruined like Sanchez and every other QB we draft high.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You thought we were going to lose with him. What does this change?

Now for me I thought we had a good chance should we not shoot ourselves in the foot. Now? ehh, I might be done with the Hennessy before 1Q is over.

It won’t change the outcome of the game but it should certainly affect the performance of the offense