Week 2 Games

Leader

Green Bay (H) over Detroit   -   MLF continues his NFCN dominance...hopefully by a wider margin than last year.
Cleveland (H) over Cincinnati   -   The Browns have too much talent to struggle against mediocre teams. 
Chicago (H) over New York Giants   -  Neither team played well week 1, but the Giants looked really bad.
Dallas (H) over Atlanta  -  Dont have a good feel for either team. Tempted to take ATL....but will stick with the home team.  
Tennessee (H) over Jacksonville   -   JAX played better than expected week 1.....but I dont see them winning this one.
Minnesota over Indianapolis (H)  -   Can Rivers light up the MN secondary? Probably not enough to offset the talent disparity. 
Buffalo over Miami (H)   -   The Bills are better. Should win.
San Francisco over New York Jets (H)   -   A long trip east...but San Fran just has more talent.
Los Angeles Rams over Philadelphia   -  LAX the more talented team and (apparently) the Philly OL is in serious trouble.
Pittsburgh (H) over Denver  -  Off of last week, its still too soon to tell what these teams have....but giving BB at home the nod.
Tampa Bay (H) over Carolina  -  Can Teddy & Christian offset Brady & crew? Probably not. 
Arizona (H) over Washington  -  The Cardinals could be a tough out this year.
Kansas City over Los Angeles Chargers (H)  -  KC simply the better team.
Baltimore over Houston (H)  -  Till they prove otherwise, I'm considering HOU a pretender this year.
Seattle (H) over New England  -  The Cam factor makes this interesting. SEAs got some issues but at home gets the nod.
New Orleans over Las Vegas Raiders (H)  -  Even without MT, NOLA's just the better squad.

Week 2 record:   14-2
Season record:   23-9

Edited by Leader

Browns have too much SELFISH talent to be good against any team.  Bet the Bengals give them a good fight.

Steelers and Roethlisberger are better than the Bears and Trubisky.  I bet the Giants keep it within 6.

Cowboys will win.

Jaguars will win.

Colts will win.

Bills will dominate the Dolphins.

Jets will beat Niners (my upset pick).

Patriots will win.

Raiders will hopefully win.

Adam Schefter -   Bill Belichick this morning on Russell Wilson, the QB that the Patriots will be facing Sunday night in Seattle: “Honestly I think he’s in a way underrated by the media or the fans, I don’t know. But I don’t really see anybody better than this player.”

Bengals trending in the right direction.  Their defense might take a bit to catch up, but they’ve got some offensive weapons for their rookie QB and some OL talent.  If they start adding pieces to that defense they could be a contender on Burrows’ rookie contract (in 3-4 years).

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Bengals trending in the right direction.  Their defense might take a bit to catch up, but they’ve got some offensive weapons for their rookie QB and some OL talent.  If they start adding pieces to that defense they could be a contender on Burrows’ rookie contract (in 3-4 years).

Yup. They have work to do, but they need to add a free agent to the OL and some on defense, and I think they're there shortly. In a couple years when Lamar is getting paid and the Ravens defense loses a handful of vets especially in the secondary the division will be contestable. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leader said:

Damn. SF has some serious injuries.....but enough of them to lose to the Jets?

Good question but a quick "no" because you have to remember that San Fran is a team that has a next-guy-up system put into place. NYJ just added a ton of new pieces and not all of them are healthy either. The almighty Denzel Mims has yet to make his debut and they couldn't run the ball to save their lives so Robert Salah has probably been licking his chops dialing up blitz packages this week. I'm not predicting a blowout, but SF will have this game in-hand by mid-3rd quarter at the latest IMHO.

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Joe said:

Good question but a quick "no" because you have to remember that San Fran is a team that has a next-guy-up system put into place. NYJ just added a ton of new pieces and not all of them are healthy either. The almighty Denzel Mims has yet to make his debut and they couldn't run the ball to save their lives so Robert Salah has probably been licking his chops dialing up blitz packages this week. I'm not predicting a blowout, but SF will have this game in-hand by mid-3rd quarter at the latest IMHO.

Cant say I know diddly what the NYJs are putting together. Results will inform me.....and even with all the injuries to San Fran's front line guys, I'm figuring they'll find a way....primarily because its the Jets. 

Not sure what their history is on cross country flights / games though. Might be time for that DL to flex its muscle.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:32 PM, JBURGE said:

Yup. They have work to do, but they need to add a free agent to the OL and some on defense, and I think they're there shortly. In a couple years when Lamar is getting paid and the Ravens defense loses a handful of vets especially in the secondary the division will be contestable. 

I agree he is going to be good. My only concern is he has taken some shots. I know they won't throw 60+ every week, but I hope he has some clean games. Hate to see it become like an Andrew Luck deal.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:02 PM, Leader said:

Green Bay (H) over Detroit   -   MLF continues his NFCN dominance...hopefully by a wider margin than last year.
Cleveland (H) over Cincinnati   -   The Browns have too much talent to struggle against mediocre teams. 
Chicago (H) over New York Giants   -  Neither team played well week 1, but the Giants looked really bad.
Dallas (H) over Atlanta  -  Dont have a good feel for either team. Tempted to take ATL....but will stick with the home team.  
Tennessee (H) over Jacksonville   -   JAX played better than expected week 1.....but I dont see them winning this one.
Minnesota over Indianapolis (H)  -   Can Rivers light up the MN secondary? Probably not enough to offset the talent disparity. 
Buffalo over Miami (H)   -   The Bills are better. Should win.
San Francisco over New York Jets (H)   -   A long trip east...but San Fran just has more talent.
Los Angeles Rams over Philadelphia   -  LAX the more talented team and (apparently) the Philly OL is in serious trouble.
Pittsburgh (H) over Denver  -  Off of last week, its still too soon to tell what these teams have....but giving BB at home the nod.
Tampa Bay (H) over Carolina  -  Can Teddy & Christian offset Brady & crew? Probably not. 
Arizona (H) over Washington  -  The Cardinals could be a tough out this year.
Kansas City over Los Angeles Chargers (H)  -  KC simply the better team.
Baltimore over Houston (H)  -  Till they prove otherwise, I'm considering HOU a pretender this year.
Seattle (H) over New England  -  The Cam factor makes this interesting. SEAs got some issues but at home gets the nod.
New Orleans over Las Vegas Raiders (H)  -  Even without MT, NOLA's just the better squad.

Week 1 record:  9 - 7

agree with most.

here are the difference i think will happen

1. denver upsets pitt

2. lv beats NO. Brees looked shaky and with thomas out, i bet he ducks a couple picks

3. philly beats rams

4. ind beats min

Edited by Malfatron