Week 2 Games

Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

Austin ekeler fantasy owner spotted :)

Of course. I listened to the "experts" and went against my gut. Took Ekeler and Drake 12 & 13 instead of doing what I wanted to do, which was Aaron Jones and Josh Jacobs. FF is just a total crapshoot anyways. Nothing like baseball and basketball.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Of course. I listened to the "experts" and went against my gut. Took Ekeler and Drake 12 & 13 instead of doing what I wanted to do, which was Aaron Jones and Josh Jacobs. FF is just a total crapshoot anyways. Nothing like baseball and basketball.

i paid no attention at all this season. I'm so out of touch with FF.

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think most ffb'rs high on Ekeler failed to account for Rivers leaving the team, which likely meant the number of dump offs to Ekeler was going to take a massive hit.  It has played out that way so far, with 5 total targets after week 2.  

Not really. The years that Tyrod Taylor was the starter in Buffalo, he used RBs a lot in the passing game, especially years 2 and 3 when McCoy was healthier.

2015 - McCoy 32, Williams 11, Gillislee 6, Dixon 6, Herron 3, Felton 1, Wood 1 = 60 receptions for RB
2016 - McCoy 50, Gillislee 9, Bush 7, Felton 6, Williams 1 = 73 receptions
2017 - McCoy 59, Tolbert 14, Cadet 13, DiMarco 7, Murphy 2, Jones 1 = 96 receptions

The issue is the new OC. He prefers to use the power back more than the dynamic back. Gordon had 20 touches to Ekeler's 14 per game last year after he took over.

Edited by beekay414

Ekeler alone had 92 receptions last year, and it was the receptions that drove his value, not his rushing.  With Taylor replacing Rivers, it never seemed likely that those numbers would not take a big hit.  Taylor's prior high looks to be 59 rec for a single RB.  That would be a massive drop from a ffb perspective for Ekeler.  If the real issue is that the OC prefers a power running game, that's even worse.

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Ekeler alone had 92 receptions last year, and it was the receptions that drove his value, not his rushing.  With Taylor replacing Rivers, it never seemed likely that those numbers would not take a big hit.  Taylor's prior high looks to be 59 rec for a single RB.  That would be a massive drop from a ffb perspective for Ekeler.  If the real issue is that the OC prefers a power running game, that's even worse.

Again, not really. Ekeler has had b2b games of 20 touches. That's a pace that puts him at ~80 touches more than he had last year. He'll be fine. 

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Russ is always on point with these deep balls it's ridiculous. Just lobs up floaters and drops them in a bucket every time. Could be the year he finally wins an MVP

I feel like Russ is Drew Brees... where they'll be in the hunt for 10 NFL MVPs... but often (or in Bree's case, always) there will be just one guy with a luckier/better season.

I feel like we need to make up a bridesmaid award for Brees... has anyone come in second (or top 5 at least) for MVP half as often as him?