Week 2 - Rams (1-0) @ Eagles (0-1)

TheRealMcCoy

I figured since no one else wanted to start the GDT for this week after last weeks debacle... I figured I should try and redeem myself after jinxing us in NFL Gen.

Midweek injury report is here..... looks pretty good. Cox and D Jax getting rest and Peters limited during the week is nothing new.

Good to see Barnett, Johnson and Sanders are practicing in full and look on track to make their debuts this week. Fingers crossed.

Only real worry there is Brandon Graham. He still has time to get through the concussion protocol though.

Edit: Kind of an update on Graham.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Seems like Hargrave being limited is the biggest news, no?

It's certainly a shining ray of hope, but I just don't expect him to play this week if he just is getting his first practice in this week.

I know this is about as close as a must win in week 2 for us as we can get, but I don't think it would be wise to rush him back.

We are deep at DT. Even T.Y. McGill who we called up to play week 1 did pretty well. Got 2 QB hits and half a sack.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's certainly a shining ray of hope, but I just don't expect him to play this week if he just is getting his first practice in this week.

I know this is about as close as a must win in week 2 for us as we can get, but I don't think it would be wise to rush him back.

We are deep at DT. Even T.Y. McGill who we called up to play week 1 did pretty well. Got 2 QB hits and half a sack.

I agree I don't think he plays either. DT is the least of our problems. I thought the DL played more than good enough to win last week. Only player who didn't play good enough to win was honestly Carson.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Doug was awful.

OL was bad.

RBs were bad.

WRs were disappointing.

Even Ertz let us down.

The whole offense was a bummer last week.

Doug was bad, OL was what I expected considering who was out there, I don't think RB were as bad as ppl are saying, WR were good enough to win. Ertz can kick rocks. Carson missed open guys even when pass pro was fine, took sacks he shouldn't have, fumbled as per usual, hero ball left and right. Worst performance of his career, and I don't think it's particularly close relative to expectations. Hell, even not relative to expectations. First time I've sat here and legitimately am wondering if he's the guy.

Edited by EagleBlueDon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Relative to expectations. You expect that from those guys subbing in. You don't expect that play from a 5th year QB. Carson single handedly lost the game in multiple ways.

The thing is... Herbig was probably just as good or better than Peters.

It wasn't just the right side.

And, yes we all know Carson shoulders a lot of the blame, but his rookie WRs messed him up several times. Ertz dropped a key 4th down pass, and most importantly Doug never put him in a position to succeed. You can argue that loss was just as much on Doug as it was Carson.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Doug was bad, OL was what I expected considering who was out there, I don't think RB were as bad as ppl are saying, WR were good enough to win. Ertz can kick rocks. Carson missed open guys even when pass pro was fine, took sacks he shouldn't have, fumbled as per usual, hero ball left and right. Worst performance of his career, and I don't think it's particularly close relative to expectations. Hell, even not relative to expectations. First time I've sat here and legitimately am wondering if he's the guy.

I'd argue that was the worst performance of Doug's career too.

Jared Goff is a poor man's Alex Smith, but that's better than Haskins. 

Over/Under 6.5 sacks given up by our OL/Carson holding ball too long?

I say final score is 26-20, and we take L #2. One step closer to Penei or Parsons. Kinda sucks that if Carson continues to suck, we won't take Lawrence or Fields if we draft top 5 because we just took broke mans Cam Newton in round 2.

If this was against an elite team I'd deff say a close game but end up 0-2. But since it is the Rams and they're coming off a big win, and they're coming across the country, and we played like *** week 1, I can see everything that went wrong in week 1, go right in week 2. I just can't see the Rams being 2-0. Big narrative week for me.