Week 2 - Rams (1-0) @ Eagles (0-1)

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe he hits 15% this time if Herbie is generous.

Y'all good.. Also, I saw a pic/meme where the Olinemen are watching Wentz get jumped by 4 WTF players and none of them rush to his aid..

This has been a common theme IIRC the last few years. Why don't your Linemen go hard for him ala Nick Foles? It's something that I've noticed among Eagle linemen.

Not talking crap or whatever. But man. What's going on?

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

What did the RB do to help win the game curious? Pick up the blitz? Rush for more then 3 4 per carry?

The team as a whole Offensively Sucked from the Top which is Doug on Down. 

Find it funny you list all of this but then blame Wentz solely.  Never change Blue, never change! 

Just bc I think Doug was bad doesn't mean I can't solely blame Wentz for specifically losing the game. Listed all of what? I said the RB weren't as bad as ppl say and the WR were good enough to win. You act like I listed a million negatives and then blamed Wentz lol

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just bc I think Doug was bad doesn't mean I can't solely blame Wentz for specifically losing the game.

No.... you really can't and Doug was basically just as bad as Carson.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Listed all of what? I said the RB weren't as bad as ppl say and the WR were good enough to win.

Except they weren't.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

56 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He also said the RBs weren't that bad lol. Dudes couldn't pick up a blitz and averaged 3.4 YPC for a grand total of 55 yards.

Wasn't referring to blitz pickup and 3.4 ypc isn't as bad as some ppl think it is. Ppl acting like they averaged 2 ypc on 35 rushes or something. We didn't really run the ball enough for me to think they were awful running the ball.

50 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Why can’t you see the rams starting good? They’ve been a good team that starts hot. 

Rams 1-1 Lost to Washington by 7.. 

should have had 7 straight wins, but refs missed a Gurley fumble at the 1 that they called a touch back. Week 5. 

8 straight wins before a lost. 

3 straight wins before a lost. 

Also, @EaglesPeteC my son. Sig bet for a year? 

Just doesn't fit the narrative of the Rams this year imo. Lot of intangibles going against y'all this week.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Wasn't referring to blitz pickup and 3.4 ypc isn't as bad as some ppl think it is. Ppl acting like they averaged 2 ypc on 35 rushes or something. We didn't really run the ball enough for me to think they were awful running the ball.

Blitz pick up is kinda important considering how often Doug was taking deep shots and how we were starting two guys on the right side that had 3 total snaps played before Sunday.

Maybe we got away from the run cause it was obvious our backs were gonna be lucky to get 3 yards per carry?

Kinda hard to solely blame Carson for the loss when Doug completely failed him, the chemistry on the o line wasn’t really there against a very talented d-line, there was no run pass balance, running backs couldn’t pick up blitzes, rookies ran routes that led to incompletions or an interception (*looking at you Hightower*) and not to mention the horrible drops by Hightower and Ertz.

We all know Carson shoulders the majority of the blame and his worst traits like playing hero ball were exacerbated in week 1. But, let’s not act like the offense wasn’t a big mess and contributed to his poor performance. If Doug does a better job play calling and mitigating the pass rush with the quick game and getting creative with screens for Scott, Reagor and actually kept Hightower off the field for DeSean maybe it doesn’t go as bad as it did. 

Like speaking of the Rams I was just watching McVay’s offense in awe of how well he got the ball out of Goff’s hands to mitigate the Cowboys pass rush. He kept up the pace and never let them get comfortable. It wasn’t the prettiest or most fun offense I can imagine watching but we could’ve used some of that in week 1. More presnap motion, disguising and utilizing screens more, rolling him out of the pocket sometimes and less under center/deep drops. We just let Carson be a crash dummy for Washington’s pass rushers. At some point he has to do a better job of just throwing the ball away and protecting himself, but man the fact we barely even tried to help him was an awful look. I guarantee you if we were forced to throw Hurts out there I guarantee Doug gets more creative finding ways to help put him in positions to succeed just like he did with Foles. I don’t know if he just believes in Carson too much or what, but it’s frustrating. He needs to do more than he did last week and also get through to Wentz to stop trying to do too much.

25 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

What fits us? And what intangibles. 

Idk just don't see y'all going 2-0. The combo of y'all beating Dallas then beating us and us losing to WTF and then losing to y'all idk just seems like a lot of stuff lol call me crazy I have weird ways of looking at some things. Cross country travel too. Everybody expects us to suck again this week. The NFL never makes sense I guess is what I'm saying except for long road trips. That's kinda just a human thing.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Idk just don't see y'all going 2-0. The combo of y'all beating Dallas then beating us and us losing to WTF and then losing to y'all idk just seems like a lot of stuff lol call me crazy I have weird ways of looking at some things. Cross country travel too. Everybody expects us to suck again this week. The NFL never makes sense I guess is what I'm saying except for long road trips. That's kinda just a human thing.

Gotcha. For what it’s worth I’m expecting an L. Philly has this weird weird Voodo on us. Much like how y’all would beat up on Tampa before Jon got there. 

13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Gotcha. For what it’s worth I’m expecting an L. Philly has this weird weird Voodo on us. Much like how y’all would beat up on Tampa before Jon got there. 

Yeah there's just weird stuff between some teams too. Although, the odds of Doug going 3-0 against mcvay hmm i might change my mind now.