Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

Reviews seem to point to it being pretty damn good. Not GOY good but just under that level of a God of War Ragnarok or Elden Rings which IMO is best case scenario if you have been waiting for this. My worry was it would be a standard open world game with copy and paste tasks that get old fast and just a really generic open world game ala Farcry lately but it looks like they really captured something more here which is great. 

23 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Reviews seem to point to it being pretty damn good. Not GOY good but just under that level of a God of War Ragnarok or Elden Rings which IMO is best case scenario if you have been waiting for this. My worry was it would be a standard open world game with copy and paste tasks that get old fast and just a really generic open world game ala Farcry lately but it looks like they really captured something more here which is great. 

Yup. Main issues I've seen is some glitchy gameplay and repetitive villains to fight.

Played it a bit

- So far, they nailed the living in Hogwarts feeling. Tons to do and unlock.

- Did a good job adding personality to all the professors. They feel distinct. The kids you actually build relationships with will be hit or miss depending on preferences.

- Character creator was a 6.5-7/10, they look solid and lost of good looking hair. But there is one body type per witch/wizard. The voice pitch options sound out of place with the distortion. Also you can’t get granular with the edits, so if you were wanting to make “you” it’s a little harder.

- I did like that it let you pick your house and customize your wand no matter what you maybe imported. Further Wand customization was really nice to see.

- Combat is snappy, curious how it builds with all the spells.

- was hoping for Quidditch, but suspect it was a dev casualty. At least they have a canonical reason for it. Wonder if they had ditched last gen if they could’ve done it. Would be a great add on for them to do down the line.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

- was hoping for Quidditch, but suspect it was a dev casualty. At least they have a canonical reason for it. Wonder if they had ditched last gen if they could’ve done it. Would be a great add on for them to do down the line.

I read that it was initially in the works but they had to cut it at some point.. speculation that there will be a DLC. It was in the PS2 games, so surely they can get it done

3.5 hours until we can start playing 

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

• Like 3

This map is huge, Hogwarts and Hogsmeade is like a 3rd of it. Though with how dense Hogwarts is it’s probably closer to 50/50.

Gear customization is really good from the start, fact that they have transmog at launch is nice to see.
   Speaking of which, a tip would be you can sell stuff and the visual look stays unlocked in that section. Also that’s where all the pre-order/collector’s edition stuff is.

• Like 2

It's soooooo beautiful. Perfect timing with my 4080 arriving today... Ultra settings, RT on Ultra, 4k resolution...100fps.... So yummy.

Spent like 5 minutes just staring at the carpet in the Ravenclaw common room just admiring the games textures, lol.

(There is some screen tearing because I'm playing on a 55" 4k tv and not a high refresh rate gaming monitor but it's not too bad, it's bearable)

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1