Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Is this game good for someone who knows literally nothing about Harry Potter other than he's some type of Wizard or something? Or is this game kind of dependent on being a Harry Potter fan?

It’s not a requirement, the storyline takes place before the Harry Potter series. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Is this game good for someone who knows literally nothing about Harry Potter other than he's some type of Wizard or something? Or is this game kind of dependent on being a Harry Potter fan?

You’ll get a little more out of it, but it’s set a couple generations beforehand.

So you don’t really need to know any events or anything.

A fee characters are past relatives of characters you know in the HP timeline. But that’s really olor aside from the music cues and little winks towards the movies/books.

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Is this not a problem with basically every game these days? 

Not to this extent... Its pretty clunky for a game released in 2023. Another problem I had initially is only 4 spells being equippable which is annoying especially for the utility stuff like reparo having to constantly switch between them through menus but apparently you can access more as you play which is good. 

44 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Not to this extent... Its pretty clunky for a game released in 2023. Another problem I had initially is only 4 spells being equippable which is annoying especially for the utility stuff like reparo having to constantly switch between them through menus but apparently you can access more as you play which is good. 

Agreed, it would’ve been much easier if they opened up the bumpers. Or directional buttons with trigger 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Unlocked a fedora and now my character won’t stop calling everyone m’lady and saying women are too prudish to take nice guys like me seriously 

Learning/using all the curses and being a Hogwarts incel should be a playthrough everyone does at least once. Like Renegade in Mass Effect.

• Like 4