Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is this on non-next gen consoles?

It will be in April, needs to be dumbed down a lot to work. Would have to see it, but hard to imagine it playing great on PS4/XB1.

One of the joys is how seamless it is, along how nice it looks. Both would be hurt a lot by the downgrade.

• Like 1

Room of Requirement and Beast care is pretty fun. So far I like the way you go through classes/do assignments

Though even with all 4 spell sets unlocked, it's not enough. There are more than 16 spells you need to use pretty regularly, so it gets annoying switching them around constantly 

I'm used to the clothing thing because of Odyssey/Valhalla, but it still just as much a bother

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

I'm playing as a "good" Gryffindor character, my wife is an "evil" Hufflepuff.. so far there's no difference other than the colour of the clothing (red v yellow) and she has the unforgivable curses and I don't. I'm at about 50% completion and she is around 60%

Game doesn't feel complete, a lot of the world is just filler dark wizard/goblin camps and an endless amount of puzzles/mini games to check off achievements.  The quests/story are solid but again your choices don't really matter from what we've seen so far  but I have read there are 2 differeny endings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I'm playing as a "good" Gryffindor character, my wife is an "evil" Hufflepuff.. so far there's no difference other than the colour of the clothing (red v yellow) and she has the unforgivable curses and I don't. I'm at about 50% completion and she is around 60%

Game doesn't feel complete, a lot of the world is just filler dark wizard/goblin camps and an endless amount of puzzles/mini games to check off achievements.  The quests/story are solid but again your choices don't really matter from what we've seen so far  but I have read there are 2 differeny endings

Yeah the lack of a morality system like fable is definitely a big missed opportunity.

With the massive success the game has had already I would guess a sequel is almost a certainly so hopefully they can add some of that stuff to the next game.

It's definitely not a perfect game, lack of enemy types, lack of morality system, missing mini games that seemed like an obvious addition (wizards chess?), Etc...

But for the studios first game of this scope I am very impressed and it does make me hopeful to see what they can do going forward.

Plus I'm sure we'll get some stuff added with updates/DLC before they move on to a sequel as well.

Also excited to see what the modding community does, they've already started on the game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

missing mini games that seemed like an obvious addition (wizards chess?)

The game takes place in the 1800’s though. Chess was created in the 1960’s by Bobby Fischer to take down the Soviet Union 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah the lack of a morality system like fable is definitely a big missed opportunity.

With the massive success the game has had already I would guess a sequel is almost a certainly so hopefully they can add some of that stuff to the next game.

It's definitely not a perfect game, lack of enemy types, lack of morality system, missing mini games that seemed like an obvious addition (wizards chess?), Etc...

But for the studios first game of this scope I am very impressed and it does make me hopeful to see what they can do going forward.

Plus I'm sure we'll get some stuff added with updates/DLC before they move on to a sequel as well.

Also excited to see what the modding community does, they've already started on the game.

A Fable morality system would be nice, yeah.
It’d be nice I’m we could invite friends to tag along as companions and build out the relationships with them. Like a looser Mass Effect.

How you play could affect the way some of them act towards you.

Its a shame they had to cut quidditch, would be nice if that made its way back in. This game really wants you to live the fantasy, but making that team after trials and winning matches would be great.

Good call with Wizard’s chess too.