Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

i think the flying element in the game is satisfactory but I wonder if they tried to see how it would work in quidditch and weren’t impressed and did away with it. Maybe it would’ve been gimmicky or repetitive 

To do it properly it would’ve taken a lot, probably figured if they were going to bother to just have it be its own game or save it for the sequel. Easiest thing would be to make you the seeker, which would be kinda boring yeah. Would have to be like story beats and key moments over multiple full games of it. Weather conditions could mix it up some.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Apparently Quidditch has been found in the game files so it was either planned and scrapped or they will add it later... Who knows.

That's something you would think they really want to nail when you roll it out.  The potential for a fun, fleshed version of quidditch presents is pretty substantial.  That could be spun into a F2P multiplayer monster, like a Rocket League but vaulted off of the HP name.  You want to get that experience right.  

Without spoiling anything, is your perception in game of good v bad wizard totally main story based? Or will me being a **** to these people on side quests make me bad? I just did a side quest for an albino diricawl and that ***** isn’t getting it after my hard work. She was rather rude about it too. Probably a millennial 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Without spoiling anything, is your perception in game of good v bad wizard totally main story based? Or will me being a **** to these people on side quests make me bad? I just did a side quest for an albino diricawl and that ***** isn’t getting it after my hard work. She was rather rude about it too. Probably a millennial 

Unfortunately your actions have no impact at all other than their response in the dialogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

Just curious but is this game kind of like Elden Ring but at Hogwarts? Aside from the gore etc lol. Just all magic abilities in combat? Curious if this compares to any other open world games. Thanks.

It’s kinda similar to the Witcher 3. A lot of dodging and parrying but with a copse of different spell options (although only 6 or so are actually viable in combat). Much easier than other similar combat games though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Just curious but is this game kind of like Elden Ring but at Hogwarts? Aside from the gore etc lol. Just all magic abilities in combat? Curious if this compares to any other open world games. Thanks.

Elden Ring has like 7 times as many spells as this game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

Is the Deluxe version worth getting? Undecided if I wanna get the game

Not in particular. Best thing was getting to play it early. I put off work that week so getting to play it Monday with the New Zealand trick was nice. I also did it so in April my dad could play the XB1 version.

I haven’t done the Dark arts battle arena yet, but the cosmetics are so so. The Thestral mount looks a little goofy. But cool to have I suppose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Not in particular. Best thing was getting to play it early. I put off work that week so getting to play it Monday with the New Zealand trick was nice. I also did it so in April my dad could play the XB1 version.

I haven’t done the Dark arts battle arena yet, but the cosmetics are so so. The Thestral mount looks a little goofy. But cool to have I suppose.

Welp lol already bought it so I’ll play it when I get home tonight 

Finished the main story line and the 3 main side quests.

The Sebastion quests were the best part of the game for me, and you have some real choices there. Interested to see the difference in how that ends between my character and the wife's