Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

I'm just a casual gamer who doesn't get to play much anymore, but this game has been so much fun. True it's not as overly complex and intricate as other games, and is lacking when compared to other triple A open world RPGs, but the nostalgia is phenomenal. Just being back in the world and able to explore make it mentally enjoyable for me.

Thanks to my kids, my playthrough is at a snails pace, but what a blast. Feels like I've been waiting for this for a decade. 

• Like 6

On 2/19/2023 at 4:26 PM, adamq said:

Finished the main story line and the 3 main side quests.

The Sebastion quests were the best part of the game for me, and you have some real choices there. Interested to see the difference in how that ends between my character and the wife's 

This for sure.

Spoiler

While your decisions in the Seb quest line really have no consequence until the end, at least it's something.

I did a good to shoes Hufflepuff playthrough and I am interested to see if anything other than dialogue is different when I am a ****

• Like 1

I finished and am close to platinum on the game (just lacking the other 3 houses making it to the map room trophies), so I have seen pretty much all there is to see.

Wow, this game really is breathtaking. The length they went in the world building is really admirable. This may not be the best game I have played mechanically, but it is definitely one of the best experiences I have had in gaming in 15 years.

• Like 1

I'm about 5 hours again. The world building of Hogwarts is incredible. Kudos to that.

That said... I am a little surprised by the hype. The controls are a little wonky sometimes (swapping out spells is getting annoying). Battling is aggravating at times. Puzzles are more confusing than challenging others. And my robo voice is hilariously awful. 

It's good enough to keep playing, definitely. I'm just surprised at what I thought it was going to be vs what it actually is. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm about 5 hours again. The world building of Hogwarts is incredible. Kudos to that.

That said... I am a little surprised by the hype. The controls are a little wonky sometimes (swapping out spells is getting annoying). Battling is aggravating at times. Puzzles are more confusing than challenging others. And my robo voice is hilariously awful. 

It's good enough to keep playing, definitely. I'm just surprised at what I thought it was going to be vs what it actually is. 

This gets better as you level up and unlock talents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Did you change the pitch of your voice at all when creating your character?  I think that's what makes you sound like a robot and I believe you can reset it back to normal in the settings.  I think in sound settings. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Did you change the pitch of your voice at all when creating your character?  I think that's what makes you sound like a robot and I believe you can reset it back to normal in the settings.  I think in sound settings. 

Yes, it is. I'm just laughing how hilarious it is. Like why make it an option? I'll look into changing it back. Took me a while at first as I thought my soundbar was broken or something. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah the pitch option suck ha.

There will be. A lot of puzzles you can’t do along the way. If you don’t see how you can do it, it’s likely that.

I’d recommend using your talent points to unlock the spell preset slots. It makes it so you basically have 8 -> 12 -> 16 spells readily available.

4 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Ok.. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was experiencing this. I thought something was wrong with my PS5.

• Like 1