Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Man, I don't know about you all, but mastering duels is tough. It took me probably 20 tries to win the 4 on 2 round 3 battle 

You may have had a pretty limited amount of combat spells to use.. after a while you kind of develop you're own style.

diffindo and bombardwhater are the two I end up using the most, also the transfiguration spell with ancient toss afterwards.

Depulso is great for throwing people off cliffs, instant death

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

You may have had a pretty limited amount of combat spells to use.. after a while you kind of develop you're own style.

diffindo and bombardwhater are the two I end up using the most, also the transfiguration spell with ancient toss afterwards.

Depulso is great for throwing people off cliffs, instant death

Love sneaking up over cliffs or ledges and Accio-ing people over and letting them fall.

It’s hilarious how bad the curses are meant to be. Somehow an instant death is worst than burning them alive, turning them into an exploding barrel and throwing them at their friends or the aforementioned assisted fall to their death.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Man, I don't know about you all, but mastering duels is tough. It took me probably 20 tries to win the 4 on 2 round 3 battle 

I've found it's a bit too easy. All you have to do is get the protego or protection charm timing mastered and combat is easy. Not in a bad way either.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I've found it's a bit too easy. All you have to do is get the protego or protection charm timing mastered and combat is easy. Not in a bad way either.

I went through the game without hardly ever using protego.. I spammed that B button for dodge though 😂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, 850 million in two weeks. Great news.

Supposedly no current plans for DLC, I’m down if they just go full steam on the next gen only sequel. 

Would be cool if you could get Natty to help teach you to become an Animagus. Have that replace or be an option instead of riding/flying a beast.

Extra stuff like that, maybe a bit of the good/dark alignment feature like we talked about.

Have there be some relationship building beyond quests, with optional companions.

It’d also be cool if they could take the nemesis system from Monolith, since WB owns it, and put that in there with Dark Wizards. Could ratchet up the difficulty a bit and have you just wake up in the hospital wing.

• Like 3

I’d definitely recommend doing the combat challenges. It gives you different ideas on how to take on enemies. Like the dugbogs that are actual tanks, if you leviosa it by the tongue and do the slashing attack spell on its belly it’s pretty much a 1 hit KO 

On 2/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, Kiltman said:

Supposedly no current plans for DLC, I’m down if they just go full steam on the next gen only sequel. 

I think that we'll get DLC at some point, they said they're not going to think about DLC until the game is fully launched. 

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think that we'll get DLC at some point, they said they're not going to think about DLC until the game is fully launched. 

Plus even if they originally didn't plan on it money talks and the game has exceeded even the loftiest sales expectations so far.

Edited by rob_shadows

On 2/24/2023 at 6:18 PM, Kiltman said:

Would be cool if you could get Natty to help teach you to become an Animagus. Have that replace or be an option instead of riding/flying a beast.

That reminds me, I thought that was going to be a facet of this game. Someone on here lamented having an animagus of like a ferret and I assumed that would be implemented in the game. Tbh I don’t think we lost out on much by not having it though.