Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

On 12/16/2022 at 10:52 AM, JBURGE said:

The more they release the higher the hype gets. I wish they showed next to nothing, but maybe with them being an unproven studio they needed this to drive preorders, idk

Will you buy me a ps5 so I don't have to wait till April? And, so I could have more than one game on the console at the same time? šŸ˜„

27 minutes ago, adamq said:

Just pre-ordered this for Series X.. we've been waiting a looooong time for this one, I really hope the delays are worth it. Another Cyberpunk would be a nightmare.Ā 

They have showed and talked about so much of the game, what's in and out, that I think they will avoid Cyberpunk. There will be some things (liveliness of the castle for example) that I am sure will not live up to some fans expectations, but I feel they have presented it much more fairly than CD Projekt Red did. And I still enjoyed Cyberpunk for what it was, and plan to play through it again when the new DLC comes out.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 10:00 AM, JBURGE said:

They have showed and talked about so much of the game, what's in and out, that I think they will avoid Cyberpunk. There will be some things (liveliness of the castle for example) that I am sure will not live up to some fans expectations, but I feel they have presented it much more fairly than CD Projekt Red did. And I still enjoyed Cyberpunk for what it was, and plan to play through it again when the new DLC comes out.

I waited out cyberpunk (really liked it, but thatā€™s besides the point) so I missed most of the glitches, but from what I saw, it seemed the glitches were mostly bad on last Gen. This game holding off on release on last Gen will look good on them imo, as it shouldnā€™t be catered to as much anymore. Having to design games with last gen capacity and capability hinders the power of what current gen is supposed to be.

Ā 

I feel like CDPR died so others can live.Ā 

Ā 

Regardless, Iā€™m going in with lowered expectations because this game to everyone is heralded (maybe unintentionally) as the Harry Potter game we wish we had our whole lives. I donā€™t like the time period or that it starts in year 5 but i think itā€™s going to be decent. Even if itā€™s a colossal failure, there will still be a fan girl community for it forever.Ā 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 9:32 AM, adamq said:

Just pre-ordered this for Series X.. we've been waiting a looooong time for this one, I really hope the delays are worth it. Another Cyberpunk would be a nightmare.Ā 

Or Halo Infinite for that matter. Ā Seems that Microsoft is abandoning any hope of single player DLC with that one. Ā 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 6:16 PM, Ty21 said:

I have a bad feelingĀ Avada Kedavra will be exclusive to combat settings and not just meandering around the castle and hogsmeadeĀ 

I'm pretty sure they already said this. Avada Kedavra will only be available with the Deluxe Edition and only in the combat stadium or whatever it's called.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:31 PM, seminoles1 said:

I'm pretty sure they already said this. Avada Kedavra will only be available with the Deluxe Edition and only in the combat stadium or whatever it's called.

Only available in Deluxe, seriously? I thought I had watched everything about the game and didnt hear this. That is trash

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Only available in Deluxe, seriously? I thought I had watched everything about the game and didnt hear this. That is trash

Edit: I read this article that they have amended, saying the curse is NOT pay-walled, you can use it in game with consequences. What is locked is the arena in the forest where you can use the unforgivable curses without consequences. https://screenrant.com/hogwarts-legacy-killing-dark-wizards-deluxe-edition/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Edit: I read this article that they have amended, saying the curse is NOT pay-walled, you can use it in game with consequences. What is locked is the arena in the forest where you can use the unforgivable curses without consequences. https://screenrant.com/hogwarts-legacy-killing-dark-wizards-deluxe-edition/

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up!