Week 2  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB has the most carries?

• Sony Michel
    • JJ Taylor
    • Rex Burkhead
    • James White
    • Jakob Johnson
  2. 2. Does Cam throw his first TD pass as a Pat?

• Just 1
    • More than 1
    • Nope
    • Not even a rushing TD for Cam
  3. 3. Who wins?

• Patriots blow out
    • Seahawks blow out
    • Patriots under 10 point differential
    • Seahawks under 10 point differential

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2020 at 12:00 AM

NFL Week 2: Game Preview: New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks

Things to look for:

How does the defense respond to the passing attack of Russ and his dynamic DK Metcalf?

Josh McD has hinted that the offense could look completely different against the Seahawks - will it?

How does the rushing attempts shake out this week after a near even split in a MASSIVE committee that saw Cam have the most attempts and yards at the QB position?

Will Jules show out or is his time of consistency behind us?

Will any WR become Cam's favorite target?

Can we expect more out of the TE position this week?

Can the O-line maintain its great push in the run game against a D-line that looked suspect vs the run last week?

The only thing I have left to say is....

HEY SEATTLE!!!

Three things to know about the Seahawks' Week 2 opponent, the New England  Patriots | The Seattle Times 

I think Rex Burkhead could lead in carries but my choice is Michel for the poll. Cam is capable of throwing a TD this week, but it doesn't seem like he needs to do it to prove to me he is becoming a great Patriots passer. I'll pick the Seahawks at home with Russell Wilson, but the teams are pretty evenly matched. I think that just because I pick the favored team, (Seahawks), doesn't mean I don't believe the Pats can't or won't actually win. I am just being ultra conservative with my pick and expectations.

Adam Butler is going to be key on the ground all season long but especially against the Seahawks with a thick and slippery QB, not to mention a tough lead runner in Chris Carson. Butler, if healthy, is going to do well in the middle against the run as usual.

Cam Newton I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed with an interception or two against the Seahawks playmakers on defense. I think he could come away unscathed in terms of turnovers and painful hits, but it is probably best case scenario if either or both happen.

It's a good match up for us (our strength [passing D] matches up to their strength [passing O]) and usually being able to keep the ball (as we did vs Miami) puts you in good stead against passy teams.

However....this is Russ and the Seahawks. They could come out and screen us or run us to death just as easily, IMO. IF we get success in the running game, and if that opens up passing (their passing D is nothing compared to what it was), we should be able to put points up. Adams is an issue, but we've dealt with him in the past, admittedly against NYJ, so he'll be a different animal. 

It's stopping them scoring where I don't have confidence. This might be a reality check for us in that, yes we have an elite secondary, but an elite secondary might not be enough when it faces WIlson and the deep passing attack. The lack of quality in the second level, and the lack of effective pass rush will be our downfall. 

NE - 21

SEA - 30

Unfortunately.

1-0 in picks so far.

Edited by Hunter2_1

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

This is absolutely spot on by Cam Newton and a stark difference in leadership from the style people were accustom to with Tom Brady.

Cam always felt like a good team mate to me who doesn't think too highly of himself despite his antics and how he dresses (yes, people have used this as reasoning why he is arrogant). I think there were a couple moments in his career that really pushed a false agenda. I personally never liked Brady's personality but he got away with it because he won and nobody really noticed it. But last year when he started to get really frustrated, everybody saw who he really is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Cam always felt like a good team mate to me who doesn't think too highly of himself despite his antics and how he dresses (yes, people have used this as reasoning why he is arrogant). I think there were a couple moments in his career that really pushed a false agenda. I personally never liked Brady's personality but he got away with it because he won and nobody really noticed it. But last year when he started to get really frustrated, everybody saw who he really is. 

TB in '13 was acting a fool too with that squad.  But CN on the sidelines rolling on the ground wasn't much better.