19 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which RB has the most carries?

• Sony Michel
    • JJ Taylor
    • Rex Burkhead
    • James White
    • Jakob Johnson
  2. 2. Does Cam throw his first TD pass as a Pat?

• Just 1
    • More than 1
    • Nope
    • Not even a rushing TD for Cam
  3. 3. Who wins?

• Patriots blow out
    • Seahawks blow out
    • Patriots under 10 point differential
    • Seahawks under 10 point differential

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2020 at 12:00 AM

Exciting final drive. Pass against a beat up secondary and no pass rush would have been smart but can't blame them for using the idea of running with Cam. If anything, they could have run up the middle instead or to the right side. Oh well.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Exciting final drive. Pass against a beat up secondary and no pass rush would have been smart but can't blame them for using the idea of running with Cam. If anything, they could have run up the middle instead or to the right side. Oh well.

That push was indomitable by that front for Seattle. They were motivated and it showed. 

• Like 1

I'm proud of this team. I really am.

As @Deadpulse said, that was all execution by the Seahawks defense. Going by how our goal line offense has executed up to that point, I'm not completely disappointed in the call (although I would have liked to see some sort of power pass option).

Jakob Johnson clearly has a place on this offense with Cam Newton in fold, but his inexperience really showed up on that last play. Still, credit to the defender for blowing that up and being the best player on that single play.

For a defense that is clearly using players out of position, the coaching and intent on this defense still shows tremendously, and that makes me glad. Yes, they got torched tonight, but they went up against the 2nd best QB in the league. Need some of these young LBs to get healthy so they can get a little bigger up front without sacrificing too much athleticism and deploy the secondary accordingly. 

How about we give McDaniels some credit for the offense he has put together in the early going? Some will keep wanting to nitpick the situational playcalling, but I chalk that up to personnel and a little bit of Bill's influence in philosophy; living to die another day. And playing mistake free football. At the end of the game, the Patriots will always have a chance because of that philosophy, and many people won't realize that at the forefront.

One note on Harry: a decent statline. But let's not ignore the fact that they have to literally scheme him the ball only for him to average 3 yards a damn touch. Wasn't his specialty YAC? 1st round WRs should be able to create downfield. The team shouldn't have to create for him, only to constantly get put down by the very first defender at first contact. Where's all the physicality from that 6'3, 220 lbs frame? The dude isn't Tyreek Hill, and if he doesn't realize that soon enough and start molding his game after the Golladays/Hopkins of the world, he won't be long in this league. 

Cam. Nothing short of amazing. Some of those throws tonight were ridiculous. Literally amazing. I'm a believer. Just need him to stay healthy. He and McDaniels has clearly formed have an identity on offense that they're committed to and that's all you could ask for in this league. 

This was a great loss. One that should benefit the team tremendously. I have a feeling Seattle is a top contender this year, so it's nothing to hold their hats down on.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 4

Edelman with 8 catches 179 yards, that old reliable. Really hurts seeing that ball go through his hands, he really had earned the game winning catch. :/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Edelman with 8 catches 179 yards, that old reliable. Really hurts seeing that ball go through his hands, he really had earned the game winning catch. :/

I forgot about that. Guarantee he makes that play if it was January.

3 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I forgot about that. Guarantee he makes that play if it was January.

Welllll....he did drop a game-losing catch against the Titans.

They  faced two bad defenses but the offensive line looks better this year 

10 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'm proud of this team. I really am.

As @Deadpulse said, that was all execution by the Seahawks defense. Going by how our goal line offense has executed up to that point, I'm not completely disappointed in the call (although I would have liked to see some sort of power pass option).

Jakob Johnson clearly has a place on this offense with Cam Newton in fold, but his inexperience really showed up on that last play. Still, credit to the defender for blowing that up and being the best player on that single play.

For a defense that is clearly using players out of position, the coaching and intent on this defense still shows tremendously, and that makes me glad. Yes, they got torched tonight, but they went up against the 2nd best QB in the league. Need some of these young LBs to get healthy so they can get a little bigger up front without sacrificing too much athleticism and deploy the secondary accordingly. 

How about we give McDaniels some credit for the offense he has put together in the early going? Some will keep wanting to nitpick the situational playcalling, but I chalk that up to personnel and a little bit of Bill's influence in philosophy; living to die another day. And playing mistake free football. At the end of the game, the Patriots will always have a chance because of that philosophy, and many people won't realize that at the forefront.

One note on Harry: a decent statline. But let's not ignore the fact that they have to literally scheme him the ball only for him to average 3 yards a damn touch. Wasn't his specialty YAC? 1st round WRs should be able to create downfield. The team shouldn't have to create for him, only to constantly get put down by the very first defender at first contact. Where's all the physicality from that 6'3, 220 lbs frame? The dude isn't Tyreek Hill, and if he doesn't realize that soon enough and start molding his game after the Golladays/Hopkins of the world, he won't be long in this league. 

Cam. Nothing short of amazing. Some of those throws tonight were ridiculous. Literally amazing. I'm a believer. Just need him to stay healthy. He and McDaniels has clearly formed have an identity on offense that they're committed to and that's all you could ask for in this league. 

This was a great loss. One that should benefit the team tremendously. I have a feeling Seattle is a top contender this year, so it's nothing to hold their hats down on.

When will we learn how to draft wide receivers? It's beyond laughable at this point.

• Like 2

A heart warming loss...lol

I didnt expect a win and I certainly didn't expect to have the ball at the end with a chance to win it from the OYL. 

Cam is the man. 

Anyone who says they shouldn't have run it with Cam is doing some pretty dubious second guessing (not that I've really seen that take this morning) but the way they set it up was pretty boneheaded imo. Typical McDaniels outsmarting himself.

Cam looked like Cam, I'm actually pretty excited about this team. Russell Wilson is absurd but teams aren't going to throw 5 touchdown bombs against this secondary every week. Doesn't matter how good you are, those are low percentage plays.

• Like 1

@TLO and I were discussing this last night.  Not surprising that pairing Bill Belichick, the GOAT, with one of the pre-eminent leaders in the unhinged smugness movement has resulted in magic so far.

What is surprising is 31 other teams not respecting that smugness and letting us get him for peanuts... 

7 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Welllll....he did drop a game-losing catch against the Titans.

His hands have turned suspect over the last year, I'm aware. But he's 34 and still a dog out in the field. Gotta take the good with the bad. Especially since it is literally impossible for the Patriots to develop someone on the other side of him to help ease the pressure a little bit.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Anyone who says they shouldn't have run it with Cam is doing some pretty dubious second guessing (not that I've really seen that take this morning) but the way they set it up was pretty boneheaded imo. Typical McDaniels outsmarting himself.

Cam looked like Cam, I'm actually pretty excited about this team. Russell Wilson is absurd but teams aren't going to throw 5 touchdown bombs against this secondary every week. Doesn't matter how good you are, those are low percentage plays.

I think Cam has a pretty good chance if Jakob doesn't get blown up on that play. I don't mind the call. If Cam scores on that, the team's morale and Cam's confidence skyrockets into the stratosphere. If they don't, Belichick and McDaniels can take the heat for it, knowing they can handle the criticism, make adjustments and move on. The risk was worth the reward in my opinion. I think Cam deserved that chance.

5 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I think Cam has a pretty good chance if Jakob doesn't get blown up on that play. I don't mind the call. If Cam scores on that, the team's morale and Cam's confidence skyrockets into the stratosphere. If they don't, Belichick and McDaniels can take the heat for it, knowing they can handle the criticism, make adjustments and move on. The risk was worth the reward in my opinion. I think Cam deserved that chance.

I agree 100% with giving Cam the ball to win you the game, I just don't understand the playcall. That heavy formation up the middle run was money all game including twice on the 1 yard line and they switched it up.