Week 5: Tennessee Titans (2-2) @ Miami Dolphins (1-2) ... Home opener at last!

TheKillerNacho

TEN @ MIA  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tennessee Titans
    • Miami Dolphins
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• Less than 3 point difference
    • 3-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • More than 15 point difference
  3. 3. Most fantasy points in this game?

• Jay Cutler
    • Marcus Mariota
    • Matt Cassel
    • Jay Ajayi
    • DeMarco Murray
    • Derrick Henry
    • Jarvis Landry
    • DeVante Parker
    • Kenny Stills
    • Rishard Matthews
    • Eric Decker
    • Corey Davis
    • Julius Thomas
    • Delanie Walker
    • Cody Parkey
    • Ryan Succop
    • Dolphins DST
    • Titans DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2017 at 05:00 PM

Good morning, Dolfans! Let's discuss our Week five matchup... finally our home opener, against the Tennessee Titans!

0ap3000000694218_video_player_cp--nfl_me

Titans could be without Marcus Mariota, who is day to day, which may help the struggling Dolphins obtain their second win in front of the home crowd! We'll need to actually score points this time around, though...

My prediction if Mariota plays:
Tennessee 27
Miami 13

My prediction if he doesn't:
Tennessee 13
Miami 17

Go Dolphins!

I think Mariota starts but gets injured before the start of the fourth quarter.

Titans will rely heavily on the run and that nasty OLine.

I think our Offense still has trouble finding the end zone even at home.

In the end I predict that our Defense and Codey Parkey pull out a W.

Dolphins 12

Titans 10

Fins up!!!

6 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Weeden was signed today, I give it 3:1 odds Mariota sits Sunday.

Honestly, the Weeden signing means nothing. If there's a chance your starting QB is out, you have to add a third QB early in the week. Granted, I wish they could do better than Brandon Weeden, but meh.

With that said, I'd say the odds are against Marcus playing Sunday. We play in a bad division and falling to 2-3 isn't the end of the world, so I think they'll be extra cautious with the knowledge that he can get 15 days between games if he misses the Dolphins game. Which is great, since it's the only Titans game I'm going to this season.

Dolphins are 1-W and 2-L for the 4th year in a row to start the season. I honestly do not know what to expect here, even in Mariota  plays he will most likely be limited in his running ability which is great news for Miami fans. If it does not click this week for the offense it may not happen at all with Cutler at QB so I am hoping for some scoring early and often this week. Weeden will most likely look like an All Pro at QB this week against Miami but I am going with Miami for the win.

Miami.........23

Titans.........17

39 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Dolphins are 1-W and 2-L for the 4th year in a row to start the season. I honestly do not know what to expect here, even in Mariota  plays he will most likely be limited in his running ability which is great news for Miami fans. If it does not click this week for the offense it may not happen at all with Cutler at QB so I am hoping for some scoring early and often this week. Weeden will most likely look like an All Pro at QB this week against Miami but I am going with Miami for the win.

Miami.........23

Titans.........17

Pretty sure Weeden won't see the field... even if Mariota doesn't go, it will be Cassel who draws the start. Unless you're predicting Cassel to go down early?

LB Rey Maualuga is finally healthy and in-shape and is projected to start at MLB for Miami. He will come off in the nickel package, leaving Kiko and Timmons on the field.

DT Jordan Philips and CB Xavien Howard both practiced fully on Friday and are listed as questionable.

CB Cordrea Tankersley will be starting again.

53 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We're paying off the refs lol. That Delanie Walker penalty was bad and that wasn't really a TD.

This. Refs are the reason this team is up a TD.

The fact that this FO gave Cutler $10m guaranteed and put the team in a crappy cap situation as a result is a season mark on them so far. It's seeming less and less likely Moore gets his crap together. OL isn't doing him any favors either.

I think you mean Cutler, not Moore. What we should be doing is going to Moore.

Man this defense has been so impressive in this span though.  They keep forcing teams off the field only to see Jay Cutler come on out and give it right back one way or another in less than a minute.

The O-line play stinks so far this year, no holes for the runner and QB pressure on about every drop back to pass. When line play improves the offense will improve. The defensive  front and linebackers are really coming into their own and that is taking a lot of the pressure off of the young secondary as they learn there way. Atlanta next week will be a big test for the D as there is no way Miami can score with them if they light up the score board.

Archived